Anybody happen to notice gas prices lately !!!

It will be fine

From an already very high price. You still haven't addressed the scarcity of lithium for batteries. Not to mention the disposal of hundreds of millions of batteries as their useful life expires. The infrastructure needed to charge hundreds of millions of batteries. Not as simple as just plugging it in.
I’m sure you have many reasons why all progress won’t work. Lucky for humanity there are people with better vision to drive our society forward.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
From an already very high price. You still haven't addressed the scarcity of lithium for batteries. Not to mention the disposal of hundreds of millions of batteries as their useful life expires. The infrastructure needed to charge hundreds of millions of batteries. Not as simple as just plugging it in.
Quit yanking the veil from their eyes, Van. :hi5:

vantexan

Issues that will be overcome. It doesn’t change the fact that the industry is moving to electric. They are a better solution to personal transport than lighting stuff on fire.
Except for all those fires that'll have to be lit to produce that new massive demand in electricity. There won't be enough wind farms and solar farms to cover it. What are you going to do, cover everything in solar panels and put windmills everywhere(except in sight of the rich and powerful's homes)?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Except for all those fires that'll have to be lit to produce that new massive demand in electricity. There won't be enough wind farms and solar farms to cover it. What are you going to do, cover everything in solar panels and put windmills everywhere(except in sight of the rich and powerful's homes)?
I agree with you but if I may interject a thought ...
Electricity application is simply a means of delivering stored energy.
How that energy is produced the real issue.

Last edited:

It will be fine

Do you believe we’ve reached the limit on solar efficiency? It’s already efficient enough to make panels on an individual’s roof economical. I save money on mine and I’m not even in an ideal climate. Why would you believe tech won’t improve?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Do you believe we’ve reached the limit on solar efficiency? It’s already efficient enough to make panels on an individual’s roof economical. I save money on mine and I’m not even in an ideal climate. Why would you believe tech won’t improve?
I think most people would like to use solar energy as it becomes better and cheaper ... it's the forced transition without those criteria being in place.
Government should incentivize individuals and businesses to install and use solar energy if it is the Government policy and strategy.

Think of it as Solar Strategery!

vantexan

The panels on a house roof won't power A/C. Won't power your dryer. Won't power a 220 volt car charger. Do you have any idea the enormity of the area needed covered in solar panels to meet the demand for a national fleet of electric cars?