Anybody happen to notice gas prices lately !!!

It will be fine

The panels on a house roof won't power A/C. Won't power your dryer. Won't power a 220 volt car charger. Do you have any idea the enormity of the area needed covered in solar panels to meet the demand for a national fleet of electric cars?
On the fully sunny days they power my entire house with A/C and sell the excess back into the grid.

vantexan

51 votes in the Senate will not accomplish Solar Energy! :faint:
Actually ItWillBeFine was saying that there are better ways to power cars than lighting fires as in internal combustion engines. I meant that there will have to be a lot of natural gas and coal lit because we don't and won't have the solar and wind farms necessary to charge all of those cars.

It will be fine

B.S. unless you have a huge array and battery bank. And you point out the obvious, on fully sunny days.
Nope. Not a huge array. In the summer I make more than I need and get credits toward my bill. In the winter I draw more from the grid and the credits offset the cost. On an annual basis I save money. It’s not a lot of money but it’s a savings. I expect in another 5-10 years the savings will be a no brainer for any new installs. The efficiency of panels increases every year.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Do you believe we’ve reached the limit on solar efficiency? It’s already efficient enough to make panels on an individual’s roof economical. I save money on mine and I’m not even in an ideal climate. Why would you believe tech won’t improve?
It would wither and die on the vine if not for government subsidies. Like ethanol.

vantexan

Nope. Not a huge array. In the summer I make more than I need and get credits toward my bill. In the winter I draw more from the grid and the credits offset the cost. On an annual basis I save money. It’s not a lot of money but it’s a savings. I expect in another 5-10 years the savings will be a no brainer for any new installs. The efficiency of panels increases every year.
You're connected to the grid and AC is run from that.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Who is responsible for the hazardous waste disposal at the end of their lifespan?