Anybody happen to notice gas prices lately !!!

bacha29

The panels on a house roof won't power A/C. Won't power your dryer. Won't power a 220 volt car charger. Do you have any idea the enormity of the area needed covered in solar panels to meet the demand for a national fleet of electric cars?
Seems that you have all kinds of worries about the future viability of EV's but you have zero worries regarding the future of the remaining reserves of a finite resource such as crude oil.

vantexan

Seems that you have all kinds of worries about the future viability of EV's but you have zero worries regarding the future of the remaining reserves of a finite resource such as crude oil.
What I'm saying is don't rush us into something that's a long ways from having its bugs worked out. There is at least a couple hundred years worth of oil available so forcing us completely off it in 10-15 years will only damage the economy.

PT Car Washer

What I'm saying is don't rush us into something that's a long ways from having its bugs worked out. There is at least a couple hundred years worth of oil available so forcing us completely off it in 10-15 years will only damage the economy.
10 to 15 years is rushing? The truth is the market will determine if or how soon we go to EV.

vantexan

10 to 15 years is rushing? The truth is the market will determine if or how soon we go to EV.
The government is mandating it. The market has to figure out how to make that happen. Hopefully there will be people elected soon who'll put the brakes on it. China is building hundreds of coal fired electric plants. Care to tell me how we'll "save" the world when that's happening?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The government is mandating it. The market has to figure out how to make that happen. Hopefully there will be people elected soon who'll put the brakes on it. China is building hundreds of coal fired electric plants. Care to tell me how we'll "save" the world when that's happening?
With Porsche's synthetic fuel.