anybody have the Christmas ruined by fedex

vantexan

I haven't broken down to that point yet. You make jokes about someone's health one minute and cry about emergency rooms bills you ran up earlier. Is that the definition of hypocrite? Maybe sleeping in a sleeping bag again will make your body recover. Is that 1 man or 2 man tent you live in?

Look up Guatape, Colombia. Have a nice room with private bath reserved there for about $230 a month, all inclusive. Can get a good meal there for less than $5. Weather is mid70's year round, lows in high 50's. Super safe. Will have television from States on my tablet. Hour and half from Medellin with a huge amount of things to do. Should still save $1000-$1100 a month from my $1840 pension. You can attack me all you want but as they say, living well is the best revenge.

vantexan

Meanwhile you continue to hate because I got the sweetheart deal. It chaps your butt. Looks like a beautiful morning here. Gonna slip out here shortly and wet a hook in the lake. Did your deadend job give you the day off today?
Sweetheart deal translation: They put him where he could do the least amount of harm.

Oldfart

Sweetheart deal translation: They put him where he could do the least amount of harm.
Either way. 40 hrs a month at a realized gain of about $85 an hr. It is a great gig. Maybe you could have gotten a deal like that if you hadn't been such a problem employee all over the country.

dezguy

More like too afraid to retire. Either that or he was a dumb:censored2: and can't retire. Starting to sound like the latter, the more he brags about having health benefits.

Oldfart

More like too afraid to retire. Either that or he was a dumb:censored2: and can't retire. Starting to sound like the latter, the more he brags about having health benefits.
Heck yea. I am totally afraid to get cheap insurance, pocket change AND a 4 day weekend every week. What was I thinking?

vantexan

Either way. 40 hrs a month at a realized gain of about $85 an hr. It is a great gig. Maybe you could have gotten a deal like that if you hadn't been such a problem employee all over the country.
Tops in productivity in almost every place I worked. Repeatedly asked not to transfer when I put in for one. Last location manager was also over a small group in another town and when I retired she offered to let me do similar to what you're doing there(not FO). The thing you can never quite grasp is if they weren't going to give us decent raises then I was going to try and find a better situation to enhance my pension and savings through more overtime. But only in smaller cities, not fond of big city life. So either ended up with mgrs telling there was plenty of OT, when there wasn't, or sometimes conditions changed or were pretty bad to begin with. Yeah, I know, you'll find something to slam here. But I was single with no obligations, took advantage of the transfer program in hopes of finding something better. But the better only came right before I retired. I'd rather be poor, doing what I'm doing, than have to work until 64 to top out. And it would be years before I could save as much on the job as I can in Colombia.

By the way with FedEx having financial issues, offering buyouts, etc don't expect them to give 3% bonuses to top out or adjusting the steps either. People on the steps ought to be thankful they're getting that. After a year of hard work many of us got 30 something cents raises for many years. They had it rigged where we were looking at 30+ years to top out. It's going through that that made me want to leave with my pension as soon as possible. Health issues just guaranteed I was leaving.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Guess your deadend job allows you to play on the internet during the day.

Your insults are pretty weak.
I had yesterday and today off with full pay, besides you have no idea what my job is and besides I asked you earlier to tell me since you have such a grand vision, but you can’t, can you?

I don’t ever get anymore early phone calls from some feeble manager wanting to back off my start time because the company can’t get its’ act together after being in business over 45 years. Hope your FO’s are real late tomorrow.

dezguy

Tops in productivity in almost every place I worked. Repeatedly asked not to transfer when I put in for one. Last location manager was also over a small group in another town and when I retired she offered to let me do similar to what you're doing there(not FO). The thing you can never quite grasp is if they weren't going to give us decent raises then I was going to try and find a better situation to enhance my pension and savings through more overtime. But only in smaller cities, not fond of big city life. So either ended up with mgrs telling there was plenty of OT, when there wasn't, or sometimes conditions changed or were pretty bad to begin with. Yeah, I know, you'll find something to slam here. But I was single with no obligations, took advantage of the transfer program in hopes of finding something better. But the better only came right before I retired. I'd rather be poor, doing what I'm doing, than have to work until 64 to top out. And it would be years before I could save as much on the job as I can in Colombia.

By the way with FedEx having financial issues, offering buyouts, etc don't expect them to give 3% bonuses to top out or adjusting the steps either. People on the steps ought to be thankful they're getting that. After a year of hard work many of us got 30 something cents raises for many years. They had it rigged where we were looking at 30+ years to top out. It's going through that that made me want to leave with my pension as soon as possible. Health issues just guaranteed I was leaving.
Don't waste your breath. He doesn't get it and only cares about himself. Now, he brags about having a primo shift, working past retirement like that's a good thing.

All the while, you've been globe trotting, seeing things many of us could only dream of. His definition of globetrotting is paying $100 to watch Dalejunior drive around in circles and paying import prices to drink a bud.

Man, life sure couldn't get better than that could it? Damn, now I have to go home and get ready to work because I can't afford to retire but I'll laugh at a guy who's on the other side of the world, experiencing different cultures, eating good food. What a dope!

!Retired!

While that's a caveat that should be considered, I don't blame a customer for a failure of FedEx or UPS to hold up their end of the deal.
I don't blame the customer for that either. But, knowing what happens at PEAK, I know I wouldn't...and didn't...wait to order something online.

dex 84

Single system: un-scanned cargo

It could have been worse

xElephant-in-the-Room.jpg.pagespeed.ic.HI_MOX8rJi.jpg

No one wants to discuss this & be glad that didn't happen to you, op!

Ps stop flinging poo at each other fellow eggplants, it's hay-Seus birthday, for Chris sake

It's not even his real birthday...

Oldfart

Lots can happen between now and Oct. '19. When you only work 10 hrs a week, a raise isn't that big of deal. They could give me $1 an hr raise and that would only be $10 or so a week or about $550 a year. No worries about pay. $27.08 almost seems like too much to me. I make 7 or 8 deliveries, listen to Howard Stern on Sirius and am off by 9am. Can't get much better than that.

Oldfart

I don't blame the customer for that either. But, knowing what happens at PEAK, I know I wouldn't...and didn't...wait to order something online.
How do you know when they ordered the item? Maybe the shipper was late in shipping. If it was due to be delivered by the 21st, it was shipped on the 17th or 18th. That means it was ordered at least by the 15th or 16th. 10 days before Christmas should not result in your package being incorrectly coded a bad address and possibly being loaded on the wrong truck 4 days in a row.

Oldfart

I had yesterday and today off with full pay, besides you have no idea what my job is and besides I asked you earlier to tell me since you have such a grand vision, but you can’t, can you?

I don’t ever get anymore early phone calls from some feeble manager wanting to back off my start time because the company can’t get its’ act together after being in business over 45 years. Hope your FO’s are real late tomorrow.
Doesn't matter what time FO gets there, I am off till next Wed. Off 7 work days and ONLY had to take 2 vacation days. I will be able to take 9 weeks off next year if I choose to. What a country.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
My toaster broke down on me yesterday - yesterday, December 25 of all days.
Sunbeam - you completely ruined Christmas you :censored2:ty bastards, I :censored2:ing HATE YOU!!! >:(

Sir, this is a FedEx thread...

Sunbeam® Brand Customer Service - United States

Appliances - Kitchen and Irons 1-(800) 458-8407

Butt, those things were put together in China, by children... u got wut choo paid for, yas???

Buy Murica, next time!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Sir, this is a FedEx thread...

Sunbeam® Brand Customer Service - United States

Appliances - Kitchen and Irons 1-(800) 458-8407

Butt, those things were put together in China, by children... u got wut choo paid for, yas???

Buy Murica, next time!
Yas, butt....butt, if I rid me house of everything made by lil Chinese children in China, I’ll not have nuthin’ in me house.....’cept me Honda which was made in Indianer or Ohia or some such godfersakin’ third wurld place. :bored:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, the only thing I have in my delivery vehicle for customers that are made in the USA are weathertech floor mats and accessories

Preventable

Doesn't matter what time FO gets there, I am off till next Wed. Off 7 work days and ONLY had to take 2 vacation days. I will be able to take 9 weeks off next year if I choose to. What a country.

Was about try and lord my new position over yours, but I realized its kind of a waste of breath. You knew there are only 3 work days between now and next Wednesday? 4 if you count Saturday lol. Unless you are talking about Wednesday the 9th??? In which case either your math is flawed or your managers are not good at math.