anybody have the Christmas ruined by fedex

Oldfart

You’re right though. Oldfart ruins a great thread every time! We started out good til he showed up. Lol.
You are correct. A customer asks a question and you and others preceded to ridicule and call them names. What was that customer thinking by using Fedex to ship a package?

Before you deny calling them names, think about it and look back.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Lol wait a second! So, old idiot has said multiple times he started straight out of highschool. Why is he cheering for a college team he has no affiliation with?

We have a term for people like him. He's a Walmart Sooner. Never went to the school but buys all the gear from Walmart like he did go there. LOL what a total loser.

He's also said that he's a big fan of Alabama football and Kentucky basketball. It should come as no surprise that 'bama football fans are the most annoying and dumbest football fans out there, and likewise for UK hoops fans. And our Old Flatulence... is both!

Oldfart

He's also said that he's a big fan of Alabama football and Kentucky basketball. It should come as no surprise that 'bama football fans are the most annoying and dumbest football fans out there, and likewise for UK hoops fans. And our Old Flatulence... is both!
Had to go with the Sooners is this game. It was tough being a fan of both but Bama has won their share. Time for the Sooners to come out ahead.

dezguy

Old idiot is so dumb he just likes every team in existence. Thats the only way he feels like a winner. One would think working past retirement would show him otherwise.

It will be fine

I don’t understand why anyone follows college sports. They’re a bunch of amateurs that aren’t as good as the pros. I mean I’ll watch the local high school under the lights but if I’m going to really follow a league I’ll watch the best people playing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You are correct. A customer asks a question and you and others preceded to ridicule and call them names. What was that customer thinking by using Fedex to ship a package?

Before you deny calling them names, think about it and look back.
Sooo, for the sake of argument I went back and looked. After the customer asked the question I proceeded to say, That’s what happens when you procrastinate. I never called him a name. The only name I called was towards you, Stalker. AGAIN your reading comprehension fails you, as did your schools growing up.

dezguy

I don’t understand why anyone follows college sports. They’re a bunch of amateurs that aren’t as good as the pros. I mean I’ll watch the local high school under the lights but if I’m going to really follow a league I’ll watch the best people playing.
I can understand it if you went to a school and want to cheer for your alma mater. Cheering for an institution you have no affiliation with is just stupid.

dezguy

Sooo, for the sake of argument I went back and looked. After the customer asked the question I proceeded to say, That’s what happens when you procrastinate. I never called him a name. The only name I called was towards you, Stalker. AGAIN your reading comprehension fails you, as did your schools growing up.
What are you talking about? Old idiot went to Alabama AND OK. Oh wait... No he didn't but he'll buy the gear and act like he was intelligent enough to actually make it into a post secondary institution.

Oldfart

To each his own. I enjoy college sports more than pros, except MLB. Plenty of fans of both out there.

Oldfart

You call me ignorant yet I do the same job as you and do it much better. If you are so intelligent, why have you not excelled and achieved more in your career.
You called the customer a procrastinator and others worse than that. They had something shipped to them at least a week before Christmas and never got it. Our business is built on last minute shipping. Ever heard of "Just in time" Even if they didn't get the package on the 21st, they should have gotten it by Christmas had someone done their job. Calling customers names that used our company and got bad service is pretty lame.

vantexan

I can understand it if you went to a school and want to cheer for your alma mater. Cheering for an institution you have no affiliation with is just stupid.
People do it all the time though. A lot of cities don't have pro teams that represent them and locals give a lot of support to local universities. I remember Memphis State(now Memphis University) having a great basketball team back in the mid 80's. The whole city was on fire for them. A really fun time. I never went to the University of Florida but grew up near Gainesville and have been a Gator fan since I was little. Why wouldn't you pull for a team that represents a city, state, or region? Go to the little towns around Lubbock, TX and you'll see Texas Tech stickers and banners everywhere.

Oldfart

So ONLY people that attended that college are allowed to attend their game? So I guess kids and servicemen that never attended college while serving in the military aren't allowed to attend a game either. Interesting.

dezguy

People do it all the time though. A lot of cities don't have pro teams that represent them and locals give a lot of support to local universities. I remember Memphis State(now Memphis University) having a great basketball team back in the mid 80's. The whole city was on fire for them. A really fun time. I never went to the University of Florida but grew up near Gainesville and have been a Gator fan since I was little. Why wouldn't you pull for a team that represents a city, state, or region? Go to the little towns around Lubbock, TX and you'll see Texas Tech stickers and banners everywhere.
I can sort of understand it if it's your home town. But in old idiots case, he just jumps on the bandwagon of whoever is the hotness and that's just stupid. I bet he starts watching games and switches what team he's pulling for.

vantexan

I can sort of understand it if it's your home town. But in old idiots case, he just jumps on the bandwagon of whoever is the hotness and that's just stupid. I bet he starts watching games and switches what team he's pulling for.
Believe me he doesn't deserve defending, but he was pulling for Oklahoma and Alabama at the start of the season.

Oldfart

So ONLY people that live in that city are allowed to attend games? Clemson SC has a population of 10k people yet they draw 85k people per game. I guess 75k people DO NOT belong at those games.

Oldfart

Yep. I jumped on the Sooners bandwagon as soon as they started winning. In 1968.

Dano is 100% correct. Kentucky and Bama fans are just plain dumb. They have no idea about sports and know nothing about the game. Their teams are 2 of the most successful in their sport in all of college. Throw the Sooners in there and I would imagine them and Bama have more football National Championships than any other 2 schools combined.

It will be fine

To each his own. I enjoy college sports more than pros, except MLB. Plenty of fans of both out there.
I’ve heard that argument before and it doesn’t make any sense. Why do you enjoy watching an inferior competition? Watch the best athletes for the best games. 99% of the guys playing in college can’t make it in the NFL. I don’t understand how mediocre talent could produce a superior entertainment product. It doesn’t hold up in any other entertainment venue, a college theatrical play will be worse than broadway. It’s not even debatable, it’s obvious, but people still argue they like college more. Doesn’t make sense.