anyone else burnt out yet?

MAKAVELI

That applies to all couriers. FedEx got an exemption so that they no longer had to pay for physicals of non-DOT couriers but were still expected to abide by hours of service for both the courier's and the public's safety.
The notification specifically says you are a DOT courier and will have a 14 hour violation.

!Retired!

That can’t be correct. If it was, what is to stop one of the non-dot classified express drivers from heading to the doc and getting themselves a med card to avoid working 7 days? Anyone can walk in and get a med card, it costs about $60. There’s no way Express policy is going to be bound by if a driver is holding a med card or not.
Nothing, but why would you?
You can have a medical card and not be classified as DOT.
DOT is an agency, not a classification.

vantexan

That notification is sent regardless of what vehicle we are driving.
And if you read my posts you'd know that I said under 10,000 hrs you don't have to have a medical card but you still have to adhere to hours of service. Do you think they're going to have one kind of message for those driving over 10k and another message for those under? ttku

falcon back

And if you read my posts you'd know that I said under 10,000 hrs you don't have to have a medical card but you still have to adhere to hours of service. Do you think they're going to have one kind of message for those driving over 10k and another message for those under? ttku
What about those WITH a card and maybe a CDL and driving a Sprinter?

vantexan

What about those WITH a card and maybe a CDL and driving a Sprinter?
What about them? They must adhere to hours of service no matter what they drive just like everyone else. It's not about what license you have in your wallet. It's about safety. And medical cards don't impart something magical. They're about showing the driver is being monitored regularly to insure he doesn't have a condition that might endanger himself or others while driving a heavy commercial vehicle. Once a doctor determined my blood sugar was out of control I was required to get it under control in a very short period of time before allowing me to drive again. Once that happened he gave me a 6 month card. I had a one year card. Diabetics can have strokes or pass out if their blood sugar remains high for a long time. Drivers of big rigs have killed people after their diabetes caused them to pass out. Also diabetic neuropathy in feet makes it difficult to feel fuel and brake pedals. You're getting hung up in the weeds about cards but it's about driving heavier vehicles and public safety. There's an agency that monitors driver compliance with DOT physical recommendations. It's reported to them by the company if a driver passes his physical and got a two year card or if the doctor recommended shorter intervals for physicals and why, or if the doctor failed the driver. They send a form to the driver's mgr and require the driver take that form to the doctor who answer questions. I know because I experienced it. Yes there are people who cheat the system but they're in serious trouble if they have a medical emergency while driving and are found out. But in the case of FedEx no sane mgr is going to put his job on the line covering for an unhealthy courier. So they have a very clear process they follow.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And if you read my posts you'd know that I said under 10,000 hrs <lbs.> you don't have to have a medical card but you still have to adhere to hours of service. Do you think they're going to have one kind of message for those driving over 10k and another message for those under? ttku
Fixed it for you.

AB831

What about them? They must adhere to hours of service no matter what they drive just like everyone else. It's not about what license you have in your wallet. It's about safety. And medical cards don't impart something magical. They're about showing the driver is being monitored regularly to insure he doesn't have a condition that might endanger himself or others while driving a heavy commercial vehicle. Once a doctor determined my blood sugar was out of control I was required to get it under control in a very short period of time before allowing me to drive again. Once that happened he gave me a 6 month card. I had a one year card. Diabetics can have strokes or pass out if their blood sugar remains high for a long time. Drivers of big rigs have killed people after their diabetes caused them to pass out. Also diabetic neuropathy in feet makes it difficult to feel fuel and brake pedals. You're getting hung up in the weeds about cards but it's about driving heavier vehicles and public safety. There's an agency that monitors driver compliance with DOT physical recommendations. It's reported to them by the company if a driver passes his physical and got a two year card or if the doctor recommended shorter intervals for physicals and why, or if the doctor failed the driver. They send a form to the driver's mgr and require the driver take that form to the doctor who answer questions. I know because I experienced it. Yes there are people who cheat the system but they're in serious trouble if they have a medical emergency while driving and are found out. But in the case of FedEx no sane mgr is going to put his job on the line covering for an unhealthy courier. So they have a very clear process they follow.
Putting him on ignore is the best thing you could do.

vantexan

My apologies, dick. Didn’t realize he meant so much to you.
No more than you. But you do seem, as a few others do, interested in controlling what's discussed by others. Feel free to express all the opinions you want but don't tell me who I should be talking to.

AB831

No more than you. But you do seem, as a few others do, interested in controlling what's discussed by others. Feel free to express all the opinions you want but don't tell me who I should be talking to.
Yeah, don’t flatter yourself, bro.