anyone else burnt out yet?

falcon back

So you ACTUALLY believe the DOT's policy is to require that only swings at Fedex are required to take random drug test? So how is DOT to know that you are a swing? Where is that listed on your medical card?

vantexan

So you ACTUALLY believe the DOT's policy is to require that only swings at Fedex are required to take random drug test? So how is DOT to know that you are a swing? Where is that listed on your medical card?
Swings have CDL's. The medical card is a requirement to get a CDL, not the other way around.

falcon back

Swings have CDL's. The medical card is a requirement to get a CDL, not the other way around.
Some couriers have CDL's as well. So you are saying they are not subject to randoms? Any courier that is listed in the system as a DOT courier is subject to randoms. Some couriers were moved into non DOT positions and their card has not expired. The system FDX uses might not call them for a random but until their card expires, they are not allowed to work 7 days a week,

vantexan

Some couriers have CDL's as well. So you are saying they are not subject to randoms? Any courier that is listed in the system as a DOT courier is subject to randoms. Some couriers were moved into non DOT positions and their card has not expired. The system FDX uses might not call them for a random but until their card expires, they are not allowed to work 7 days a week,
As soon as I was moved to non-DOT I was no longer monitored on or required to see doctors about my diabetes. And I was on 6 month cards instead of two years. Of course DOT couriers need a card. Non-DOT are under different medical rules but still have to adhere to hours of service. At least when I was there but may be different now.

vantexan

Whatever you say boss.

This is from the DOT website

An employee performing duties subject to more than one DOT Agency's regulations must be randomly tested at the percentage rate established for the calendar year by the DOT
Keep in mind too that it's a state's DOT, not the national DOT. Rules may not be uniform across the board.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Whatever you say boss.

This is from the DOT website

An employee performing duties subject to more than one DOT Agency's regulations must be randomly tested at the percentage rate established for the calendar year by the DOT

How many couriers on here have been subjected to a DOT required random piss test
I’ll wait

falcon back

Keep in mind too that it's a state's DOT, not the national DOT. Rules may not be uniform across the board.

Image result for is DOT a federal program

The United States Department of Transportation (USDOT or DOT) is a federal Cabinet department of the U.S. government concerned with transportation. It was established by an act of Congress on October 15, 1966, and began operation on April 1, 1967. It is governed by the United States Secretary of Transportation.

vantexan

View attachment 321746
The United States Department of Transportation (USDOT or DOT) is a federal Cabinet department of the U.S. government concerned with transportation. It was established by an act of Congress on October 15, 1966, and began operation on April 1, 1967. It is governed by the United States Secretary of Transportation.
Each state has its own DOT and stations are subject to the DOT of the state they're in.

vantexan

Go to sleep. You are delirious. DOT rules are Federal mandates. What about when drivers cross state lines?
So I Googled it. Asked are DOT rules federal or state. Drivers who cross state lines are under federal rules but each state has it's own variations of those rules. Technically we're both right. And a highway patrol officer can only enforce the DOT rules of his state. And you are still wrong about having a medical card.

fdxsux

Notice that under the Who Must Comply section it does not say “Anyone that has a DOT medical card” . Rather, it says drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles

falcon back

Notice that under the Who Must Comply section it does not say “Anyone that has a DOT medical card” . Rather, it says drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles
The 10,001lbs puts those drivers needing to be DOT qualified.

Just like scales on the interstate say "Commercial Vehicles" need to go over the scales. Technically every Commercial Vehicle includes Sprinters but I don't believe they are required to hit the scales.