anyone else delivering saturday ground?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Heard last week we are gonna have two super Saturdays as they try and sugar coat it with a fancy name. Today I can barely function so I wonder how I'm gonna drag my butt in there. They're making this peak a cluster relying on the seniors knowledge.

STFXG

DOT rules for package drivers is maximum of 60 hours per week with no day over 14.
Partially true. It's 60 hours in 7 days or 70 hours in 8 days. Both have the same 34 hour restart. Basically as long as you're off Sunday you can run 70 hours mon-sat.

oldngray

nowhere special
Partially true. It's 60 hours in 7 days or 70 hours in 8 days. Both have the same 34 hour restart. Basically as long as you're off Sunday you can run 70 hours mon-sat.

It is 60 in 7 days, yes but if you want to extend it to 70 in 8 days then you still run into needing time off for reset. It could be done in an emergency but would leave you short for hours the next week.

STFXG

It is 60 in 7 days, yes but if you want to extend it to 70 in 8 days then you still run into needing time off for reset. It could be done in an emergency but would leave you short for hours the next week.
Not when you reset Sunday. Your reset is Saturday evening - monday morning. Then you have another 70 hours. The reset works the same under both ways. We have been running the 70 hour schedule forever. I figured it was a contract thing.

Heard last week we are gonna have two super Saturdays as they try and sugar coat it with a fancy name. Today I can barely function so I wonder how I'm gonna drag my butt in there. They're making this peak a cluster relying on the seniors knowledge.
Heard that tonight also after picking up ground at all the UPS stores today and last Saturday. Also 3 Kohls and Best Buys. Filled up a U Haul rental with all ground. 11 hours.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Heard that tonight also after picking up ground at all the UPS stores today and last Saturday. Also 3 Kohls and Best Buys. Filled up a U Haul rental with all ground. 11 hours.
Good god , are we the only ones to use. I'm honored but, if you want more volume, got to be able to handle it by letting the drivers have some input.