Anyone else see the message from Sean O'brien?

babboo25

Banned
In the event of a strike we will lose some packages. Some will be laid off/forced to bump in to the building, certainly not 1/2, and not permanently. Just a guess...The drop in volume would likely only last less than a year, but we would lose anticipated volume increases. Likely peak would see everyone back, and then perhaps some lay-offs after the 2nd week in January. Depends how over-staffed your bldg. is now. The last time we went on strike the lay offs only lasted 2 weeks in my bldg...perhaps 10% of drivers for 2 weeks. Start a strike fund now, nothing is guaranteed.
Some? Try millions, this isn’t 1997 fellas.

So, what's your answer?....take whatever scraps the Company offers and accept concessions because "you need to work"?

What you can't see, because it's past the tip of your nose, is that I was "in your shoes" in 1997.

The things being negotiated now are not economically related and will greatly effects your working conditions for decades.

I'm long in the tooth and past the point where they can take much from me, yet am poised to step up for your snot nosed, weak, snowflake generation.
So go pout on the far end of the picket line where we don't have to look at your pitiful mug, on whatever day you choose to show up for your "one day" and let the real men and women do your bidding.

~Pfft~
Nice tantrum....

My answer is to wait for the actual proposals to come out and weigh the good with bad. In the end, take a vote on the total package.

The union has done a poor job representing my interests over the last 25 years. Something you wouldn’t understand with your limited experience.

i worked a couple days for the competition in 97. Would hope to do so again if the opportunity arose.

Don’t give me the typical “I’m entitled, I WAS once in your shoes“ BS. Because you really have no clue.

Hopefully you can learn to treat others with respect before you walk the picket line. This isn’t 1997 anymore, the industry has changed and public opinion may not be on the teamsters side.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or I could take a knee and take a lesser job like you did. Because you wasn't man enough to do the job

Go away Barney.
You are a loser.

Cosmo1 retired and is now working part time transporting cars for a local dealer.

You are the loser and are the one who needs to put down the bottle and go away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I heard, from someone on here or someone at work, that UPS wants us to contribute at least 25% to the healthcare costs. While I want a raise, Healthcare is really the only reason I have this job, and this job is largely the only reason I need healthcare. I'd definitely stand in unity with those striking for other reasons just for that alone. But if they get their way on that, I'll only ever see this place again in my nightmares.

Teamcare is the one part of our compensation that is actually doing really well and IMO does not need a 25% boost in contributions.

F

Frankie's Friend

Cosmo1 retired and is now working part time transporting cars for a local dealer.

You are the loser and are the one who needs to put down the bottle and go away.
Nah dude, look in the mirror. Your arrogance has been poisoning the union forum for years.
20180324_061957.jpg

20180324_062211.jpg

You "cull" the herd huh?
Youre the other C word ... coward (another one comes to mind).
Id relish working 30 yrs with @Gumby vs 30 minutes with you as a coworker/management wannabe.
Your post exposes your base intention to run your tiny operation and back stab or snitch on those who you deem less worthy to work there.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Nice tantrum....

My answer is to wait for the actual proposals to come out and weigh the good with bad. In the end, take a vote on the total package.

The union has done a poor job representing my interests over the last 25 years. Something you wouldn’t understand with your limited experience.

i worked a couple days for the competition in 97. Would hope to do so again if the opportunity arose.

Don’t give me the typical “I’m entitled, I WAS once in your shoes“ BS. Because you really have no clue.

Hopefully you can learn to treat others with respect before you walk the picket line. This isn’t 1997 anymore, the industry has changed and public opinion may not be on the teamsters side.
This is what I quoted.....and my experience is "limited" to the last 32 years.
The diehard strike baiters should put themselves in other people’s shoes. Look at things as if they were one of the bottom 5 in seniority. I need to work and won’t be on the picket line for more than 1 day.
1997 slogan - Full time jobs (part time America doesn’t work). Save American pensions.

2018 slogan - Keep the day after thanksgiving. No overtime on Sundays. Make the new guys do it?
How is it that 1997's successful slogans aren't applicable in 2018?

I thought you were waiting to see what the actual proposals are, now I see you already have the slogans ironed out?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How is it that 1997's successful slogans aren't applicable in 2018?

A lot has changed between then and now.

Back them we had public support. People stopped by the picket line to give us water and other items.

Today we would have zero support. People would slowly drive by and tell us to get our over paid asses back to work.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Back them we had public support. People stopped by the picket line to give us water and other items.

Today we would have zero support. People would slowly drive by and tell us to get our over paid asses back to work.
Nothing has changed, as part time workers at UPS are even more under paid than they were in 1997.....and still the majority of UPSer's.

.....while pension reform is still very much a front page, bellwether issue.

The public is ripe to support a rebellion against corporate greed, and as long as you aren't the one spinning it, this notion is still as fresh as it was in 1997.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Where is your BA?
We went to Saturday delivery and essentially the new guys are T-S and the longer seniority drivers are still M-friend.

If UPS wants to run Sunday they can cover it with part time volunteers like they used to cover Saturday air. I know the union never wants PT drivers touching ground, but the alternative is worse.

Both sides know non-consecutive 2 days off per week or rotating schedules are a deal breaker.
You would get two days----they would just not be in a row.
thats a problem...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nothing has changed, as part time workers at UPS are even more under paid than they were in 1997.....and still the majority of UPSer's.

The public is ripe to support a rebellion against corporate greed, and as long as you aren't the one spinning it, this notion is still as fresh as it was in 1997.

As you may or may not know, our (Upstate NY) pension plan is severely underfunded (46%). There area a group of retirees who have formed a committee to look in to any possible ways to restore full funding. One of the ideas was to organize a protest in front of the office of Assemblywoman Elise Stefanik.

Can you imagine the public backlash when they find out that we are bitching that our former $7K/month pension has been reduced to $5K/month?

There would be zero support for a strike and both the Company and Union know this all too well.

F

Frankie's Friend

People never stopped by the picket line a gave you water. You never stood on the strike line remember?
We're ready for your next false statement dragon, jr.

.....while pension reform is still very much a front page, bellwether issue.

Truth. Painful but true.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
As you may or may not know, our (Upstate NY) pension plan is severely underfunded (46%). There area a group of retirees who have formed a committee to look in to any possible ways to restore full funding. One of the ideas was to organize a protest in front of the office of Assemblywoman Elise Stefanik.

Can you imagine the public backlash when they find out that we are bitching that our former $7K/month pension has been reduced to $5K/month?

There would be zero support for a strike and both the Company and Union know this all too well.
I disagree.
That pension is something you earned, not an entitlement.

Those people who drive by need to realize that is your retirement plan, funded by the Company, while you weren't afforded a 401k match like they were.

Get off the Company talking points and stand up for yourself.