Anyone OPT in 9.5 under new language yet?

10 point

I think if you should be able to file if you work more than 9.5 hours or are dispatched with more than 9.5 hours work, regardless of whether you work 9.5 hours or not.

Sent using BrownCafe App
No freaking way! That's a double edged sword and you'll pay for that change. Don't even go there.

10 point

Does it really bother you when they take your time away?
I'm not on bonus. Other buildings are and they have lost time at least twice.
If your "standards" are easy you make decent bonus and with a proposed triple time pay for "planned day" over 9.5 to 10 hrs + (as posted above) you make out like wild.
I get paid for actual and don't care what the DDR racing form says. I just work safely and deliver the pkgs to the right place.
The rest isn't my problem.

10 point

Why not? They have no problem sending me out with a 10 or 11 hour day. Why should I and others like me be penalized for bringing it in under 9.5?
That's not the rule across the board. That works for your route but not for others that show greatly overallowed due to PAS cuts.
We don't want standards to be used in hearings. That's a slippery slope at best.

10 point

Like it or not, ours is a production job that requires standards.
That's not the topic here but Art 37 says "age and physical condition" for a reason.

There's two things I don't control:
1.) UPS's ever changing standards.
2.) My age and physical condition due to that.

If you want to adhere to ever changing production standards I hope your joints hold out until retirement.

10 point

Why not? They have no problem sending me out with a 10 or 11 hour day. Why should I and others like me be penalized for bringing it in under 9.5?
Run the route in 10-11 hrs if (you love standards so much) and file for over 9.5s.
They'll have to reduce your dispatch. Your body will last longer and you'll feel like doing something after work.
Its a known fact that arthritis easily sets into overworked joints as you get older.
There's grandchildren that need to be chased around the yard! :)

Run the route in 10-11 hrs if (you love standards so much) and file for over 9.5s.
They'll have to reduce your dispatch. Your body will last longer and you'll feel like doing something after work.
Its a known fact that arthritis easily sets into overworked joints as you get older.
There's grandchildren that need to be chased around the yard! :)
Dont even waste your time with him.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
crossing.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't know why I am still amazed that this guy can't see past his nose hair?
Why is it that he can't see that if what he is wishing for became reality, that his 10-11 hour planned day would magically become 9.47 on paper?
I'm pretty sure the company can make a compelling case that they are rewarding you at time and a half for your efforts, not penalizing you.
Keep chasing the rabbit Dave until your body gives out, then you can "yawn" and enjoy your retirement in the comfort of your mobility scooter.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't know why I am still amazed that this guy can't see past his nose hair?
Why is it that he can't see that if what he is wishing for became reality, that his 10-11 hour planned day would magically become 9.47 on paper?
I'm pretty sure the company can make a compelling case that they are rewarding you at time and a half for your efforts, not penalizing you.
Keep chasing the rabbit Dave until your body gives out, then you can "yawn" and enjoy your retirement in the comfort of your mobility scooter.[/quote
the company knows this job causes chronic back, knee and shoulder problems but they can't admit to it because that would open the floodgates ofpossible lawsuits that could cost the company hundreds of millions. Why do you think they are fighting so hard from being forced to open their ohsa records making them public...they don't have very a good track record.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Come on, Dave. You've told us (time and time again) what you make every year. There is no way that you work 9.5 hours except a couple days at peak. You get sent out with 10-11 hour dispatches and brag about being home at 1830? Give us a break, or at least admit you don't work in the BOG anymore.