Anyone OPT in 9.5 under new language yet?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Come on, Dave. You've told us (time and time again) what you make every year. There is no way that you work 9.5 hours except a couple days at peak. You get sent out with 10-11 hour dispatches and brag about being home at 1830? Give us a break, or at least admit you don't work in the BOG anymore.
1830? The way I understood many of Dave's posts about his hours...he's home in time for the news at 6.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Come on, Dave. You've told us (time and time again) what you make every year. There is no way that you work 9.5 hours except a couple days at peak. You get sent out with 10-11 hour dispatches and brag about being home at 1830? Give us a break, or at least admit you don't work in the BOG anymore.

I rarely if ever work 9.5 hours (or more), even during Peak. My normal dispatch is in the 9.0-9.5 range but there are days when it is in the 10-11 hr range.

My point is the 9.5 language should be changed to address either hours worked or dispatch (or both).

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I rarely if ever work 9.5 hours (or more), even during Peak. My normal dispatch is in the 9.0-9.5 range but there are days when it is in the 10-11 hr range.

My point is the 9.5 language should be changed to address either hours worked or dispatch (or both).

Once or twice a year?

Welcome to the real UPS, Dave.

BrownTexas

By saying their "dispatched" hours are right enough to go after then for a 9.5 would make everything else change. Then they would be able to go after you for being over allowed. Let it be hours worked and leave it at that.

PaulthaCup

Can Tcd's file 9.5's if you work everyday, or do you have to be a "full time" driver? Our center uses about 10 TCD's everyday, most of which get about 200+reports a year. I myself had approx 240 last year.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

We dont recognize company numbers. Its always hours worked. What we should concerned about is how many new utility drivers are not eligible for 9.5 grievances. Thanks Jr.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownTexas

Can Tcd's file 9.5's if you work everyday, or do you have to be a "full time" driver? Our center uses about 10 TCD's everyday, most of which get about 200+reports a year. I myself had approx 240 last year.

Sent using BrownCafe App
For ever 156 reports by a Tcd they are suppose to create one full time job. You must be full time to be on the 9.5 under the new contract.

PaulthaCup

incorrect, it creates a full time position yes, but not for me, for whoever bids for it, which can be a part-time worker whom has worked there longer than me......it goes by building seniority. So pretty much i create a full time spot for someone whom has more building seniority., an whom may want to go fulltime

Sent using BrownCafe App

sportsjock

I've been covering a route for three months now. Actually Monday will make four months the regular driver is out on disability. He's a 9.5er but since I've been covering the route I've been clocking out the latest 19:00. I thought I'd get bumped from the route but no one wants the route because they don't like delivering to the Kasier Hospitals, which has about five campuses and all have in side pharmacy deliveries and one main dock delivery. Plus Best Buy and Target. The most I've been dispatched is 140 but still clocked out at a descent time. It definitely beats clocking out at 21:00

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think if you should be able to file if you work more than 9.5 hours or are dispatched with more than 9.5 hours work, regardless of whether you work 9.5 hours or not.

Sent using BrownCafe App
They would just chane the numbers so you're not over 9.5 plan ever.

I see it all the time on routes I run. 200 miles 62 stops 8.9 planned day. 250 miles 70 stops. 9.4 planned day. Lol yeah I'm doing 50 miles and 8 stops in half an hour.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are there any routes that make bonus anymore??? Seems like the "genie garage door opener hooked to your beltloop" was the final nail in the coffin. Typical corporation, give us a little technology to make the job easier and expect 10x the return out of it...lets take an hour because the door "sometimes" opens by itself...classic...whatever
Yeah my time allowance to grab a package is 7 seconds. Cut in half from 5 years ago. It should of been doubled for Orion instead of cut in half.