Appearance Standards

UPSGUY72

Is there anywhere for me to find our Appearance standards? The link to it on upsers.com doesn't bring it up.

I'm just looking to see what it says exactly. They are starting to ride people about UPS socks here, but I thought I when I started driving I was told black socks were fine.

In the end your going to end up getting UPS socks. Here is the site where you can get them. I would order sooner than later as this is the time of the year that they usually run out and you have to wait till they get more....

https://www.twinhill.com/gensite/index.jsp?thClient=upscatalog

rod

Retired 22 years
If you wear shorts you do. Read the contact. It's in there.

No doubt they want you to wear official UPS socks while wearing UPS shorts but I don't recall ever seeing it in black and white in the contract book. Can someone post it if it is. UPS has been known to tell little lies you know.

Cementups

Box Monkey
No doubt they want you to wear official UPS socks while wearing UPS shorts but I don't recall ever seeing it in black and white in the contract book. Can someone post it if it is. UPS has been known to tell little lies you know.

It is not in the contract book. No language on it at all.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Per said contract "such shorts shall only be worn in compliance with uniform and appearance standards established by the employer".

Aka they can do what they want.

upsgrunt

I wish UPS cared about package car appearance as much as those stupid socks. I guarantee our vehicles are seen way more than an inch and a half of fabric with a logo that is falling off.

kingOFchester

Per said contract "such shorts shall only be worn in compliance with uniform and appearance standards established by the employer".

Aka they can do what they want.

Yup, you would think the contract with the Teamsters largest single union employer would have strong language, or at the very least, detailed language spelling everything out clearly. I guess doing this would take time away from the beach, cocktails and the links during negotiations. Well, when they are negotiating.

How Now Brown Cow

In the end your going to end up getting UPS socks. Here is the site where you can get them. I would order sooner than later as this is the time of the year that they usually run out and you have to wait till they get more....

https://www.twinhill.com/gensite/index.jsp?thClient=upscatalog

I already have them, and wear them since I do. I just want to see it written in somewhere. The contract refers to the appearance standards, but I cannot find that.

tourists24

It's quite simple---you wear the shorts you have to wear their socks. You wear pants you have to wear black or brown socks.
Actually you can wear whatever color socks with the long pants. Contract language says if you are required to wear it then UPS must provide it. The socks can be explained away. You dont "have" to wear shorts. But if you are required to wear something then they need to provide it (at least in the Atlantic supplement).... except for UPS socks I only own white :)