Appearance Standards

cino321

I wear short brown socks no one ever said anything to me. I know many drivers who buy the UPS socks because customer's love them and they enjoy the attention.

Appearance standards are not socks, they are standards to maintain grooming, appropriate under shirts (white or brown) and keeping your uniform and boots in good repair (including polishing). Socks are articles of clothing.

I don't get it though. They'll give me the shorts and a belt, but they want me to buy socks? Seems like it would be easier just to give the socks and call it a day. Then we'd be required to wear them.

MORDNEDS

For simplicity, Article 42. Uniforms. Effective May 1, 1994, short uniform trousers will be provided as an option for package and feeder drivers at no cost to the employee. Such shorts may only be worn in compliance with uniform and appearance standards established by the Employer. The standards are the UPS socks with shorts. If you don't feel like getting the socks wear pants. The choice is yours. The company does not force you to wear the shorts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For simplicity, Article 42. Uniforms. Effective May 1, 1994, short uniform trousers will be provided as an option for package and feeder drivers at no cost to the employee. Such shorts may only be worn in compliance with uniform and appearance standards established by the Employer. The standards are the UPS socks with shorts. If you don't feel like getting the socks wear pants. The choice is yours. The company does not force you to wear the shorts.

I posted this 2 days ago. Didn't stop the argument.

Considering our whole made in Kenya uniform probably cost $10. $6 for a pair of socks is highway robbery.

U

uber

I posted this 2 days ago. Didn't stop the argument.

Considering our whole made in Kenya uniform probably cost $10. $6 for a pair of socks is highway robbery.

UPS socks $6? I paid like 20 something for them. They charged me outrageously for shipping too.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS socks $6? I paid like 20 something for them. They charged me outrageously for shipping too.

per pair. I think with shipping u get 5 pairs for about $30. Wouldn't know for sure I'm not paying that much for socks. Little sweat won't kill me. Try to stay on the rural routes and keep the doors open.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wouldnt mind a bit paying $6 a pair for the socks if they were a premium quality made in America product.

I do mind paying $6 plus full charge on shipping for crap that was stitched together by some 9 yr old kid in a Chinese sweatshop.

We should have more than one option as far as socks go, and we should also be able to have them shipped to the center for free like other uniform items are.

How Now Brown Cow

I wear short brown socks no one ever said anything to me. I know many drivers who buy the UPS socks because customer's love them and they enjoy the attention.

Appearance standards are not socks, they are standards to maintain grooming, appropriate under shirts (white or brown) and keeping your uniform and boots in good repair (including polishing). Socks are articles of clothing.

I don't get it though. They'll give me the shorts and a belt, but they want me to buy socks? Seems like it would be easier just to give the socks and call it a day. Then we'd be required to wear them.

Is it really just white or brown undershirts? I have ALWAYS worn black. we have a black belt, and can wear black shoes.... a black undershirt just makes sense to me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The socks are expensive and mine started getting holes so I wear those small white ankle socks under them. Got an extra two seasons of of them that way.