Apple Watch---Big Deal or Big Bust?

Dr.Brownz

View attachment 36870So besides blowing my horn, and yelling, for someone to come out...how to proceed? If I throw it over the fence, I risk getting my arm yanked off by the shepard. Not to mention it was a rotor for a car, which I know could crack If I drop it, and a dr bag wont hold it. And exactly how long would you wait? And why is it my problem if he cannot hear me. My choice? Would work here. But I dont deliver it anymore, til it settles down.

2 minutes. If not NR1 remark :gate dog

Dr.Brownz

The point is that the customer who ordered the package and knew it was coming could have made some effort to put up a sign, leave a note, or call the 1-800 number in order to give us instructions on how to deliver his package.

This right here. Its not our job to fight past dogs and unsafe walkways to deliver packages. If the customer didn't create conditions conducive to a delivery they can :censored2: themselves, I've got more customers to take care of.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
2 minutes. If not NR1 remark :gate dog
Which is what Tooner did. The customer called in later to complain and accused her of lying and said she had never been there at all.

I have dealt with similar situations, only instead of calling me a liar the customer called in to let the center know where a good spot would be for me to leave the package the next day. Its called basic communication.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Which is what Tooner did. The customer called in later to complain and accused her of lying and said she had never been there at all.

I have dealt with similar situations, only instead of calling me a liar the customer called in to let the center know where a good spot would be for me to leave the package the next day. Its called basic communication.
Thank you

oldngray

nowhere special
If a customer calls and wants to work out a way for them to get their package because they admit they missed you earlier its one thing but if they lie about your delivery attempt it is a completely different situation. I would make extra effort for customers who were reasonable but if they acted like :censored2:s and demanded special attention I would dig in my heels and only do as much as was required of me.

soberups

If a customer calls and wants to work out a way for them to get their package because they admit they missed you earlier its one thing but if they lie about your delivery attempt it is a completely different situation. I would make extra effort for customers who were reasonable but if they acted like :censored2:s and demanded special attention I would dig in my heels and only do as much as was required of me.

When someone calls in and says "I must have been in the shower when he knocked, I really need that package, could he please come back?" I have a completely different attitude about going the extra mile for them versus the liar who calls in and accuses me of "leaving a delivery note without knocking" after I walked up 3 flights of steps to their apartment or drove half a mile down their crappy driveway. The thing is....if they are going to lie about something as inconsequential as being in the shower when I knocked, what other lies and false accusations will they make up in order to defraud UPS?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Screw that, then you will have it again tomorrow. DR it in the driveway, or if it's light throw it on their porch.
And the day after, then it gets post carded. They want the package more than I want to get bit/hurt/customer complaint, if not it'll get sent back. Customers like this need to be trained, negative reinforcement with items they pay for is the tool to teach them. I'm not asking them to meet me at the truck for their package, but some accommodation to insure my safety, the package's safety, and their desire to get it delivered the first time is all that is needed.

soberups

This is where Telematics is our friend. It would show not only that she was there but know long she was there.
Who controls the access to Telematics information?

Can those people always be counted on to have the driver's best interests in mind?

Is the Center Manager who keeps asking Tooner when she is going to retire and harassing her over production and ORION compliance going to step up and use Telematics data do the right thing in this situation by backing her up?