Are UPS and UPS-freight contacts negotiated together?

brown_trousers

I read updates that we are negotiating both these contracts. I hope they arent negotiating these contracts together. We are essentially completely different businesses, with very different profit margins. I might be sounding awfully greedy here, but I would hope that we dont put ourselves in a position to makes concessions at UPS to bailout improvements over at UPS freight.

upschuck

I read updates that we are negotiating both these contracts. I hope they arent negotiating these contracts together. We are essentially completely different businesses, with very different profit margins. I might be sounding awfully greedy here, but I would hope that we dont put ourselves in a position to makes concessions at UPS to bailout improvements over at UPS freight.
If your definition of together is at same time, than yes, if it is as one, in same "room", then no

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
A bunch of the same people are doing both contracts so they are usually held in the same location and time is devoted to each one separately. In other words, the first part of the week is package and the other freight. The issues are completely different.