Are we in the lions DEN is UPS in trouble.

freehoodies

Think about it. Amazon can’t move and deliver all of their stuff. They can barely do it with help from UPS, FedEx, and the USPS. In what world are they gonna be able to handle their own volume? Especially oversized and heavy stuff. Even if we lost them we could still be a profitable business with the other 49% of e commerce.

They could just have to pay a fair shipping price.

Lugging an AC unit up 3 flights of stairs to see it at the UPS store getting a free return the same day is getting :censored2:ing old.

That should be 100$ to ship an overweight AC unit like that but I know we arent getting anything close to that.

Ruderegime

The Amazon trucks hit my rural area today outside of Albuquerque. In my truck there was a 40% drop in volume. I literally punched out before 3. I got out of the building for my guaranteed 8. The earliest I've ever been off on a regular day in my 18 plus year career. I went into the dispatchers office before punching out to show him what area my route should have as he is a new dispatcher. Of course he was already gone for the day. I'm sure that they will give me some garbage area that I shouldn't have as he's not the best dispatcher I've seen, and like I said new. I'm not the biggest fan of Amazon, but I'm going to miss that volume. My route was nice, and tight. Now I'm going to be going into the boonies. :(

The Amazon trucks hit my rural area today outside of Albuquerque. In my truck there was a 40% drop in volume. I literally punched out before 3. I got out of the building for my guaranteed 8. The earliest I've ever been off on a regular day in my 18 plus year career. I went into the dispatchers office before punching out to show him what area my route should have as he is a new dispatcher. Of course he was already gone for the day. I'm sure that they will give me some garbage area that I shouldn't have as he's not the best dispatcher I've seen, and like I said new. I'm not the biggest fan of Amazon, but I'm going to miss that volume. My route was nice, and tight. Now I'm going to be going into the boonies. :(
Losing Amazon will definitely make us better not bigger.
It's going to really hurt a lot of the younger guys

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol you’ll get what they dispatch and like it.

BrownSnowFlake

Yall always get off topic, are we here to stay or will we become UPS a AMAZON COMPANY or worse.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The e-commerce pie keeps growing even if our slice fails to. There's 4 big players in this industry and a high barrier to entry. Remember how heavy we had it when the post office stopped taking Amazon for a couple weeks in spring 2018?

OTOH this isn't a highly skilled job and it's easy to just put 2 drivers on the road and pay them half as much. If you're concerned about your financial future maybe you should like, learn to code or something. Big Brown paid for me to get an HVAC degree back while I was still loading (in select locations). You do have a back-up plan, right?

BrownSnowFlake

You don't get it. You will get me stupid work then I work stupid. You are upset at my rod for success that I can bring it in
Hey I'm just running my mouth. If you've been on a route long enough to have management's ear you've certainly earned it. But for perspective try running one of these split routes and see how ORION chops it up. Break off in the middle of a neighborhood and drive 10 miles to the other town for a pick-up, then back to where you left off? Sure, makes sense to me. One of these days I'm actually gonna do it.

Hey I'm just running my mouth. If you've been on a route long enough to have management's ear you've certainly earned it. But for perspective try running one of these split routes and see how ORION chops it up. Break off in the middle of a neighborhood and drive 10 miles to the other town for a pick-up, then back to where you left off? Sure, makes sense to me. One of these days I'm actually gonna do it.
Make them pay for their stupidity

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Do it now and look at your paycheck next week. You're welcome.

Ruderegime

My dispatcher will give me the areas I want, but still more areas then before Amazon took back the volume. 18+ years hardly ever call in. Management never messes with me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The most amazing part of this is you thought dispatch might be there at 3pm. They leave at like 9 am here.