Are You Ready For Another iPhone?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
No one understands the Cloud.
"The cloud" is simply another way of saying server side storage/processing for the non-tech savvy. You'd think after seeing how many companies have had data stolen people would be a little more security/privacy minded and stop putting all their life, personal information and data out there for anyone who asks for it. I say just spend $60 for an external hard drive and call it a day, but maybe I'm just too techie.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

oldngray

nowhere special
bg090214dAPC20140902014515.jpg

9.5er

I'm way over due for an upgrade. Went in last week to see what I could get and sales person talked me into waiting til the Iphone6 came out. No way I'm waiting in line for it though. I'll get it after the rush dies down. Been with out it this long, whats another few weeks.

Bottom rung

It's never free. You get charged an upgrade fee at a min. The 5c will be free I'll bet the 5s is $30-50
If you get a discount from your employer with your current provider ask if your fee will be waived. They wont do it unless you ask. I have sprint and haven't had an upgrade fee since I started with them.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We're on a 4 iphone 10g family plan for $160.00 a month with AT&T. Wife and I upgrade ours, kids get our old ones, we sell theirs for 80-100 bucks. Works out well as we can always upgrade when the new ones come out as you can use the other two upgrades when it's between iphone release.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I want something with a battery that lasts more than a day but isn't a freakin "Phablet."
I like the larger screen. As long as it fits in my pocket to some extent I don't care if it's really big. I have a 7" android tablet too which can fit in the pocket of my cargo shorts so a "phablet" would definitely fit.

JL 0513

There're almost going to catch up to Samsung with the 6 and it's made out to be such a big deal. LOL. iPhone buyers have been stuck with tiny screens because of Apple's stubbornness in thinking that 4" was the biggest a phone should be while tons of people have been flocking to big screen Androids for years. Now, millions of people are anxiously awaiting the new big iPhones when they were lying to themselves before about their "satisfaction" with their tiny phones.

But aside from screens, Apple has been behind the curve in all specs and features for years. Then each time Apple finally adds the feature, it's looked upon as something new. Sad. One small example is that the iPhone 6 finally adds NFC, old tech that's been in Androids for years. Yet, that's part of the hype.

JL 0513

I want something with a battery that lasts more than a day but isn't a freakin "Phablet."

"Phablets" with soon be the average phone. After owning a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, I could never go back to less than 5.5". I pickup my wife's Galaxy S4 with its 5" screen and it feels so puny. An iPhone really looks like a joke to me. My Note fits in all of my pockets.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Iphone over rated. Get a real phone the GALAXY NOTE 4, coming out the same month. Blow the doors off the Iphone. Be original not a copycat lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
"Phablets" with soon be the average phone. After owning a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, I could never go back to less than 5.5". I pickup my wife's Galaxy S4 with its 5" screen and it feels so puny. An iPhone really looks like a joke to me. My Note fits in all of my pockets.
Im going from the NOTE 2 to the Note 4. That's the way the phone scene works. You skip every other year and the 2 year is when the phone really gets upgraded. Always been like that, you skip a cycle to get the bigger upgrades.

browntroll

might get the new iphone 6 or note 4, im due for an upgrade next month getting tired of my iphones lack of ability unless they have an "app for that"
androids play all sorts of media files out of the box. im also looking forward to the mess the lp are gonna be dealing with since they just got a bunch of
new ppl in my hub i saw one guy stack 15-20 macbooks somehow bumped into them and dropped all but 5.