Box Ox

Let's hire some illegals next. What the Hell

Think there's a big difference between OP and an illegal.

There are people who genuinely aren't familiar with the UPS labor structure and want to apply for whatever's available. I can't hold it against anyone in that situation.

I can very much hold it against the Teamsters for not giving it everything they've got to axe PVD usage, which would force everyone to start working for UPS the correct way.

Think there's a big difference between OP and an illegal.

There are people who genuinely aren't familiar with the UPS labor structure and want to apply for whatever's available. I can't hold it against anyone in that situation.

I can very much hold it against the Teamsters for not giving it everything they've got to axe PVD usage, which would force everyone to start working for UPS the correct way.
I just told it to him. Anyone that would steal food from my family or one of my union brothers, I want no part of.

ArmyVet88

If they hired the right amount of people , they wouldn't have that problem.
So you would have a small center hire 40 drivers for a month of workload that high and end up spending the rest of the year working 3 to 4 hours. This isn't even the topic of this thread boss. Im a teamster now. I had no idea UPS was union until i was signing up for dues. I understan your complaint but you can take it elsewhere this is a happy place where people can choose to give me advice if they wish.

So you would have a small center hire 40 drivers for a month of workload that high and end up spending the rest of the year working 3 to 4 hours. This isn't even the topic of this thread boss. Im a teamster now. I had no idea UPS was union until i was signing up for dues. I understan your complaint but you can take it elsewhere this is a happy place where people can choose to give me advice if they wish.
I'm giving you advice. You stole jobs from employees that wanted to make some extra cash for the holidays

And I guarantee you , you will be the first one to cross the Strike line.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I served 10 years in the military and decided I didnt want to subject myself and family to 10 more. I started working at UPS as a seasonal personal vehicle driver and got hired as pre load/utility after peak. They are offering me a PT supervisor position with the promice of getting hired on as a FT driver with the 6:1 deal as soon as they can find someone else. I have 4 people in front of me that need to go on packet but it could be faster this way. My question is.....is it a trap and i would be giving away my seniority for nothing and could i get it in writing that they must hold up their end of the deal?
IMG_7031.PNG

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Don’t listen to these fat teamster guys in their jackets with more patches on than the boys scouts.

Us combat vets with real earned medals are the real brotherhood. Dog eat dog world now, go get yours.

PT Car Washer

I'm giving you advice. You stole jobs from employees that wanted to make some extra cash for the holidays

And I guarantee you , you will be the first one to cross the Strike line.
But you are ok with paying PT Teamsters minimum wage and no benefits and charging them $600 initiation fees and monthly dues?

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't realize you could still retire with only 20 years in the military. I thought they had raised that to at least 25. I never knew anybody who left the military with 10 years that didn't regret it and wish they would have finished their 20. UPS was the same. I know a half dozen guys who quit at 5 or 10 years that have told me later (after they saw me retire at 53) that they wished they would have stayed at UPS.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You can snag an outside hire as you described, but there is no guarantee you will get the first one that comes available. Then you'll have to wait for 6 more inside hires before it comes around again. I guess just flip a coin?

As for going reserve/natl guard, talk to a recruiter, but act like you aren't sure you really want to join back up. Wait a few months, when he has a quota to meet he will offer you the best deal he can.

ArmyVet88

You can snag an outside hire as you described, but there is no guarantee you will get the first one that comes available. Then you'll have to wait for 6 more inside hires before it comes around again. I guess just flip a coin?

As for going reserve/natl guard, talk to a recruiter, but act like you aren't sure you really want to join back up. Wait a few months, when he has a quota to meet he will offer you the best deal he can.
Thank you!