Article 18 Grievance Scenario.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was on a route so long that on the few occasions I was left without a hand cart I would just barrow one from a customer for the day and either return it before I left the town I delivered to get it back to them the next day.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Here is a scenario that I think may be interesting to discuss.

A package car driver requests to have his package car equipped with a hand cart. The Company fails to equip the package car driver’s package car with a hand cart.

What do you think the package car driver should do?

Please be as detailed as necessary.
@quad decade guy would scamper down to Home Depot and buy one on his own dime.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I was on a route so long that on the few occasions I was left without a hand cart I would just barrow one from a customer for the day and either return it before I left the town I delivered to get it back to them the next day.
Grampa did always have the best solutions....

What'dyabringmetoday???

Here is a scenario that I think may be interesting to discuss.

A package car driver requests to have his package car equipped with a hand cart. The Company fails to equip the package car driver’s package car with a hand cart.

What do you think the package car driver should do?

Please be as detailed as necessary.
How about you telling us what you think should be done?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
B535B70A-FB00-495F-B6B6-63864B3BF9D3.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
If I were the package car driver and I made the request to have my package car equipped with a hand cart and the company failed to equip my package car.

The first step I would take is as follows:

I would have an informal discussion with my supervisor reminding him of my request to have my package car equipped with a hand cart and find out his intentions regarding my request.

My second step would be contingent upon what he states as his intentions.

Roller252

If I were the package car driver and I made the request to have my package car equipped with a hand cart and the company failed to equip my package car.

I would have an informal discussion with my supervisor reminding him of my request to have my package car equipped with a hand cart and find out his intentions regarding my request.

I do not believe this is an appropriate solution to the problem described in the OP.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Because you contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion. Read your first post.

Good job, Youd tell your supervisor you want a hand cart. That step was already done way to contribute absolutely nothing.
Actually I was replying to @Roller252.

I don’t recall you being in the discussion until now, maybe I missed your previous contribution.

Sorry if I did.

You are incorrect in your assessment of my contribution. I contributed the idea for the discussion and I have answered direct questions for individuals directly when I could.

I was asked what I would do and I responded by answering what the first thing I would do would be.

My contribution to this thread may not be as good as others, I admit that, but I think it is superior to yours at least so far.

542thruNthru

Actually I was replying to @Roller252.

I don’t recall you being in the discussion until now, maybe I missed your previous contribution.

Sorry if I did.

You are incorrect in your assessment of my contribution. I contributed the idea for the discussion and I have answered direct questions for individuals directly when I could.

I was asked what I would do and I responded by answering what the first thing I would do would be.

My contribution to this thread may not be as good as others, I admit that, but I think it is superior to yours at least so far.
Its not worth participating in most of your discussions. Your answers are always vague or non-existent yet you question everyone else to no end.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Its not worth participating in most of your discussions. Your answers are always vague or non-existent yet you question everyone else to no end.
I am so sorry you feel this way.

In what way are my answers in this discussion vague or non-existent?

I will certainly try to expound on any answers or answer questions I may have missed if I can.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

If he told you to go :censored2: yourself, would you?

Big Rigger

Although many supervisors IMO do a very poor job. I have had supervisors that do their jobs or at least try do their jobs.

Sometimes they are prevented from doing their jobs by their incompetent or corrupt superiors.
Is this a Christ like statement?
"Judge not that you won't be judged".
No integrity.

Big Rigger

They are referred to as dollies in some areas but be advised they are called hand carts in the Master CBA.

Dollies in UPS in my area refer to the tractor trailer dollies.
No one cares what your area does. Was anyone asking for dollie clarification? Please elaborate on your desk thread topic. Get a cart or file a grievance.

Hmmm pretty tough decision.

Sincerely,

~B~

Big Rigger

In my area the Company has used comments like this as threatening slowing down.

As steward I have run into problems with employees threatening slowing down and our ocal has run into problems dealing with employees who threaten slowing down usually for some safety reasons.

If he told me to go * myself, I would respectfully exercise my Weingarten Rights and ask that my Shop Steward be brought into the conversation before I respond.
I thought you were a steward?
Make some sense.