Article 18 Grievance Scenario.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Here is a scenario that I think may be interesting to discuss.

A package car driver requests to have his package car equipped with a hand cart. The Company fails to equip the package car driver’s package car with a hand cart.

What do you think the package car driver should do?

Please be as detailed as necessary.
Carry the packages by hand.

textat3

check empty cars, check mechanic bay, check clerk area, check customer counter, take a quick lap around the area, ask fellow drivers

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
In Manhattan? That would be about 300 round trips to the package car

We used to just find a spot and park walking everything off the whole day. One block 2 avenues across is an entire route. 14 hours with help during peak…
Pretty sure it’s the same way in 2021

never had Orion, even RDO/ODO were terms unknown to 90% of drivers

Let's set this straight:

This is a hand cart:
View attachment 331717

This is a dolly:
View attachment 331718
or this:
View attachment 331719

There is another "Dolly", but some here might get too "excited", so I left it out.

I'm not afraid to post her for ya
41gpiCkIq7L._AC_SS450_.jpg

Poop Head

Judge me.

We used to just find a spot and park walking everything off the whole day. One block 2 avenues across is an entire route. 14 hours with help during peak…

Right. Do that. Sooner or later theyll provide you with a handtruck.

MisplacedRailWorker

Duly noted.
Sorry but UPS left me scarred
I’m triggered by the words dishonesty and integrity

that’s another reason why I jumped when the railroad called and never looked back. I doubt there’s a single person on here who would disagree with me when I say that dishonesty and falsification are disgustingly broad terms

MisplacedRailWorker

that’s another reason why I jumped when the railroad called and never looked back. I doubt there’s a single person on here who would disagree with me when I say that dishonesty and falsification are disgustingly broad terms
Even as a 21-year-old fresh out of driver training on my packet I was nauseated at the site of RPCDs waiting outside the center managers office every morning being disciplined for “dishonesty“

given 72s, warning letters, for something as stupid as accidentally pressing soft key two instead of one for commercial

This is not the same as stealing a package. Or time. They’re taking the word dishonesty and running with it

and finally, let us all remember a time when an ORS said “sheet this as something else“
so now the falsified record for the stop is actually honesty. So if you were to be honest now it’s dishonesty because you were told that the dishonesty was the actual truth according to him

do you see where this gets :censored2:ed up

Integrity

Binge Poster

I understand.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Even as a 21-year-old fresh out of driver training on my packet I was nauseated at the site of RPCDs waiting outside the center managers office every morning being disciplined for “dishonesty“

given 72s, warning letters, for something as stupid as accidentally pressing soft key two instead of one for commercial

This is not the same as stealing a package. Or time. They’re taking the word dishonesty and running with it

and finally, let us all remember a time when an ORS said “sheet this as something else“
so now the falsified record for the stop is actually honesty. So if you were to be honest now it’s dishonesty because you were told that the dishonesty was the actual truth according to him

do you see where this gets *ed up
I get it.

Big Rigger

804 rocks

Big Rigger

I couldn't sleep this weekend. The thought that I might not have a cart on Monday stresses me out.

They gave me an old 1000 with the high step and fred flintstone steering to deliver my metro route for about 4 months after they put the diesels on the rural routes due to the price of fuel. Daily, in the first 6 hours I lost 5 spohr. They had to peel off businesses every day until they put the newer trucks back on the metro routes.

Hand cart missing? Who cares? If the op was a steward he would know what an honest days work is and as we've heard for years...

Garbage in garbage out.

I'm not stressing over a company netting 3 bil in 12 weeks but won't provide carry aids to drivers. If they want to turn 9 hrs into 10.5 so be it. There are contractual ways to deal with this (weak thread issue) and it's time for upsers to stand up for themselves and their co-workers and quit being pawns in the game.

MisplacedRailWorker

I couldn't sleep this weekend. The thought that I might not have a cart on Monday stresses me out.

They gave me an old 1000 with the high step and fred flintstone steering to deliver my metro route for about 4 months after they put the diesels on the rural routes due to the price of fuel. Daily, in the first 6 hours I lost 5 spohr. They had to peel off businesses every day until they put the newer trucks back on the metro routes.

Hand cart missing? Who cares? If the op was a steward he would know what an honest days work is and as we've heard for years...

Garbage in garbage out.

I'm not stressing over a company netting 3 bil in 12 weeks but won't provide carry aids to drivers. If they want to turn 9 hrs into 10.5 so be it. There are contractual ways to deal with this (weak thread issue) and it's time for upsers to stand up for themselves and their co-workers and quit being pawns in the game.
I’m gonna take a wild guess that you were in my old building NYMNS, couldn’t have been 43rd they get only the best
Still wouldn’t have traded for the world. Houston St was a hell of a place I loved it. Especially the size (200 RPCDs in total from all 3 centers)

One time the Best Buy/Barnes & Noble route (Second most sought after in Village Ctr) driver was on vacation, so BESTBNS was mine for the week...

The route in and of itself was a cakewalk, I think it was ~600 pieces for Barnes & Noble

The rest was Best Buy maybe 200 pieces. Both were commingled pickups
(our term for bulk stops that plan their outbound shipments in advance to eliminate the need to return for pickup. Do not take my word for this but I believe a discountoffered for accounts that do this)

As soon as you bang the dock, each store’s employees come out with shrink wrap in hand. Just scan ‘em and hand ‘em over. Hopefully the contract still prohibits drivers from touching customers’ equipment or pallets. At least it did back then.

This was only time I can say that the driving in NYC was the hardest part of my day. I was 21, 5’8” and 150 lbs soaking wet. Stalling through intersections with pedestrians laughing at me
My boot was on the dash trying to turn the wheel since power steering was invented at least 30 years after this thing left the dactory

International 4-speed
Maybe three that were functional
Each one missing teeth

MisplacedRailWorker

I’m gonna take a wild guess that you were in my old building NYMNS, couldn’t have been 43rd they get only the best
Still wouldn’t have traded for the world. Houston St was a hell of a place I loved it. Especially the size (200 RPCDs in total from all 3 centers)

One time the Best Buy/Barnes & Noble route (Second most sought after in Village Ctr) driver was on vacation, so BESTBNS was mine for the week...

The route in and of itself was a cakewalk, I think it was ~600 pieces for Barnes & Noble

The rest was Best Buy maybe 200 pieces. Both were commingled pickups
(our term for bulk stops that plan their outbound shipments in advance to eliminate the need to return for pickup. Do not take my word for this but I believe a discountoffered for accounts that do this)

As soon as you bang the dock, each store’s employees come out with shrink wrap in hand. Just scan ‘em and hand ‘em over. Hopefully the contract still prohibits drivers from touching customers’ equipment or pallets. At least it did back then.

This was only time I can say that the driving in NYC was the hardest part of my day. I was 21, 5’8” and 150 lbs soaking wet. Stalling through intersections with pedestrians laughing at me
My boot was on the dash trying to turn the wheel since power steering was invented at least 30 years after this thing left the dactory

International 4-speed
Maybe three that were functional
Each one missing teeth
I believe I relayed this story previously to @11.19igrad

The transmission was so rough I didn’t even realize the handbrake still engaged until I was 15 blocks north on Madison Avenue

Could not Feel any difference whatsoever

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Actually I was replying to @Roller252.

I don’t recall you being in the discussion until now, maybe I missed your previous contribution.

Sorry if I did.

You are incorrect in your assessment of my contribution. I contributed the idea for the discussion and I have answered direct questions for individuals directly when I could.

I was asked what I would do and I responded by answering what the first thing I would do would be.

My contribution to this thread may not be as good as others, I admit that, but I think it is superior to yours at least so far.
My contribution to this thread may not be as good as others, I admit that, but I think it is superior to yours at least so far.

BOOM!!