Article 18 Grievance Scenario.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have extra hand carts available in the shop and others near the customer counter. When I have needed a new handcart in the past, I was told where they were and to get one myself. I punched in and got one. End of story.

Big Rigger

I’m gonna take a wild guess that you were in my old building NYMNS, couldn’t have been 43rd they get only the best
Still wouldn’t have traded for the world. Houston St was a hell of a place I loved it. Especially the size (200 RPCDs in total from all 3 centers)

One time the Best Buy/Barnes & Noble route (Second most sought after in Village Ctr) driver was on vacation, so BESTBNS was mine for the week...

The route in and of itself was a cakewalk, I think it was ~600 pieces for Barnes & Noble

The rest was Best Buy maybe 200 pieces. Both were commingled pickups
(our term for bulk stops that plan their outbound shipments in advance to eliminate the need to return for pickup. Do not take my word for this but I believe a discountoffered for accounts that do this)

As soon as you bang the dock, each store’s employees come out with shrink wrap in hand. Just scan ‘em and hand ‘em over. Hopefully the contract still prohibits drivers from touching customers’ equipment or pallets. At least it did back then.

This was only time I can say that the driving in NYC was the hardest part of my day. I was 21, 5’8” and 150 lbs soaking wet. Stalling through intersections with pedestrians laughing at me
My boot was on the dash trying to turn the wheel since power steering was invented at least 30 years after this thing left the dactory

International 4-speed
Maybe three that were functional
Each one missing teeth
I'm not from 804 but appreciate their strength. And when I have gotten out of nyc into NJ I kiss the ground. That place is a zoo.

657 Magnum

Here is a scenario that I think may be interesting to discuss.

A package car driver requests to have his package car equipped with a hand cart. The Company fails to equip the package car driver’s package car with a hand cart.

What do you think the package car driver should do?

Please be as detailed as necessary.
If you don’t have a dolly you do not have to deliver anything over 70 lbs. you can request for them to send you a driver for anything over 70. If they don’t then I guess that box is missed. Make sure this is messaged through text or diad not a phone call so it’s on record. A person in my center usually tells our ors he won’t leave without a dolly, or he is leaving all his irregs at the building if they don’t provide him with a dolly. Everytime they have instantly brought one to him.
It is not a drivers job to run around looking for a dolly for himself, it is the company’s job to provide the driver with a dolly everyday.

657 Magnum

Now this is IMO an excellent response.
If possible grab a steward, if not get a senior driver that you trust to act as a witness. Approach your supervisor and explain that you do not have a hand cart. If your supervisor produces one for you problem solved. If not, inform your supervisor that you’ll be filing a grievance. Ask for help, through the Diad, from a bargaining unit member, with any package that you aren’t 100% confident you can safely move by yourself, regardless of its weight. One stop at a time and in this instance one package at a time. Between the grievance and the increased over-allowed your problem should fix itself within a day or so.

This is true unless ur center doesn’t care about overallowed or a single grievance against them lol in that case nothing will change. Now asking for help through diad and them not sending it, and you in return shooting it as missed that’ll prolly turn some heads for sure!

What'dyabringmetoday???

If you don’t have a dolly you do not have to deliver anything over 70 lbs. you can request for them to send you a driver for anything over 70. If they don’t then I guess that box is missed. Make sure this is messaged through text or diad not a phone call so it’s on record. A person in my center usually tells our ors he won’t leave without a dolly, or he is leaving all his irregs at the building if they don’t provide him with a dolly. Everytime they have instantly brought one to him.
It is not a drivers job to run around looking for a dolly for himself, it is the company’s job to provide the driver with a dolly everyday.
Doesn't matter whether you have a "dolly" or not. You can ask for Teamster assistance handling "Over 70's".