Article 18 Grievance Scenario.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Here is a scenario that I think may be interesting to discuss.

A package car driver requests to have his package car equipped with a hand cart. The Company fails to equip the package car driver’s package car with a hand cart.

What do you think the package car driver should do?

Please be as detailed as necessary.
You go to the shop and borrow one. Quick and easy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Borrow from a car in for service. Improvise, overcome, adapt!
My experience has been that there are occasional buying binges for hand carts but even so for whatever reason we regularly get to the point where the number of hand carts available is far under the number of package cars that need to be so equipped.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Let's set this straight:

This is a hand cart:
upload_2014-5-4_7-10-16.png

This is a dolly:
upload_2014-5-4_7-15-38.png

or this:
upload_2014-5-4_7-11-48.png

There is another "Dolly", but some here might get too "excited", so I left it out.

Big Rigger

My experience has been that there are occasional buying binges for hand carts but even so for whatever reason we regularly get to the point where the number of hand carts available is far under the number of package cars that need to be so equipped.
So....
Wait for it....

Run overallowed.

Jeremymcc

I am a personal driver. I experienced that need first hand. Luckily I had home owners help that were willing. Other times I just tried to get my vehicle as close to the the drop spot and man handled it to the the the doorstep. It would have saved me a lot of trips with a hand cart especially with multiple box deliveries

bumped

About 2 years ago my center told everybody that locks up their hand carts that the locks will be cut. There is a hand cart for every package car now. We actually have extras.

CitizenTruth

Here is a scenario that I think may be interesting to discuss.

A package car driver requests to have his package car equipped with a hand cart. The Company fails to equip the package car driver’s package car with a hand cart.

What do you think the package car driver should do?

Please be as detailed as necessary.
I do not leave the building until I have one, no matter what, safety issue.

Truth

Big Rigger

Thank You. I don’t remember that member.dd

Ask me in a more appropriate discussion thread and I will be glad to answer.
I seriously doubt it.
What do you do if there's no dr bags? No del notices? Half a tank of gas in the truck? If the toilet won't flush?
How many times have I experienced no cart in a truck as a coverage driver? Plenty over the last 3 decades and somehow the stuff got either delivered to the address safely and slower than snails or if I had an 70#+ pkg with no cart or that wouldn't fit a hand cart, carry aid, dolly, or two wheeler I called or messaged in for bargaining unit help and if I got no help it became a send again.
Boring..