oldngray

nowhere special
Couldn't agree more. I always laugh about the drivers that are "friends" with management outside of work. Why would any driver be friendly with management? Years ago on my way home I saw one of the OCS in my center broken down on the side of the road about a mile from the center. I honked at him and waved and kept it moving.

Once upon a time UPS was like a family. Hourly and management could hang out together after work without any problems. Different world now.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Once upon a time UPS was like a family. Hourly and management could hang out together after work without any problems. Different world now.
My sup texted me once about half hour before I was done...told me to meet him and a few other guys down the street when I was off and beers were on him..I said couldn't...then he called me and told me to come...I couldn't help but think it was some sort of set up...sucks that it has to be that way but that's how it is.

oldngray

nowhere special
My sup texted me once about half hour before I was done...told me to meet him and a few other guys down the street when I was off and beers were on him..I said couldn't...then he called me and told me to come...I couldn't help but think it was some sort of set up...sucks that it has to be that way but that's how it is.

If you can believe it UPS used to have company picnics. With free beer!

542thruNthru

I'm not sure if the OP is still checking in on this thread, but I have a question regarding promotions and sort. It seems like each time I read "on the move" nearly all of the promotions are from Preload. Regarding PT to FT sup promotions, does being from night sort put you at a disadvantage?

Thanks.

No one knows who you are in the night shift. You have to rely on your night manager who really doesn't want you to leave anyways. Transfer to the morning shift as soon as you can if you are looking to move up. I tell all the part-time supervisors I've known in the night shift that. We have part-time supervisors that have been part time for 15 years or more.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I remember that. We also used to have a UPS sponsored softball tournament. The last one we had down here, the team that won it, went home (about 70 miles) to celebrate. One of the players had a heart attack and died. His family sued UPS and won a settlement. End of softball.

lurker123

No one knows who you are in the night shift. You have to rely on your night manager who really doesn't want you to leave anyways. Transfer to the morning shift as soon as you can if you are looking to move up. I tell all the part-time supervisors I've known in the night shift that. We have part-time supervisors that have been part time for 15 years or more.

The Preload manager just asked me about transferring over from night sort. I was unsure how I felt about the hours, but it sounds like it is in my best interest to make the move. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

oldngray

nowhere special
The Preload manager just asked me about transferring over from night sort. I was unsure how I felt about the hours, but it sounds like it is in my best interest to make the move. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Preload is way more stressful but if you show you can handle it looks good on your resume.

Heffalump

I almost knocked out a district manager who decided to take a stroll through the pre load pens while I was training. I launched a misload out (that an unloader loaded) and passed right by his nose. Do I get points for making him flinch? How many points gets me a Union Jacket? Asking for a friend.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I almost knocked out a district manager who decided to take a stroll through the pre load pens while I was training. I launched a misload out (that an unloader loaded) and passed right by his nose. Do I get points for making him flinch? How many points gets me a Union Jacket? Asking for a friend.

You zero points. The OP hasnt been seen since April and no one has posted in this thread since May.