TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
So much for no one in management caring about 9.5

According to TearsInRain the district just pays the grievances and couldn't care less.

Nine weeks ago Stewie told my center manager to fix my dispatch or he'd have another 9.5 opt in driver

In the 9 weeks since, how many weeks do you think I've worked over 9.5 three days or more? Zero.

I get it stuck up my you know what 2 times per week, and the other 3 days I average between 8.75-9.25 days

The threat of 9.5 is a beautiful thing when utilized properly. Sure looks to me like someone, somewhere cared.
on road ops care, but they don't get to make the big decisions that would ultimately fix, or even improve, the issue

ManInBrown

on road ops care, but they don't get to make the big decisions that would ultimately fix, or even improve, the issue
Geez..seems like it's been fixed (for the time being) to me.

I'll keep everyone posted as to when it goes to hell in a hand basket again. So far, so good.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
why do you act like its life or death when people call off?
I'll put on my management hat and answer this:

Because I was just on the phone, asking low senority drivers if they want the day off, in order to work around the union rules, then you call in and mess up my plans!

ManInBrown

I mean I hope they do fix it personally I think working those long hours is absolutely crazy
Just to make myself clear I'm not under some illusion that they added another route because I threatened to get on the 9.5

They shifted some of my work to a runner would be my guess. That's fine with me. I didn't tell that driver to not do the job the right way and run around like an A hole.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
How do you guys sleep at night? Are your parents proud that you grew up and got a job lying to people's faces and treating them
Like crap? Why do you think
You can do my job? What kind of training does it take to stare at a computer in an air conditioned office and hassle drivers?

I thank you in advance for your answers.

oldngray

nowhere special
How do you guys sleep at night? Are your parents proud that you grew up and got a job lying to people's faces and treating them
You can do my job? What kind of training does it take to stare at a computer in an air conditioned office and hassle drivers?

You are assuming most supervisors know who their Daddy is.

lurker123

I'm not sure if the OP is still checking in on this thread, but I have a question regarding promotions and sort. It seems like each time I read "on the move" nearly all of the promotions are from Preload. Regarding PT to FT sup promotions, does being from night sort put you at a disadvantage?

Thanks.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm not sure if the OP is still checking in on this thread, but I have a question regarding promotions and sort. It seems like each time I read "on the move" nearly all of the promotions are from Preload. Does being from night sort put you at a disadvantage?

Thanks.

Promotion to a PT sup? Shouldn't make any difference.

If it is about moving to another hourly position its all about seniority as long as you are qualified.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
a district usually pays out like 50k in 9.5 grievances per year; that's not even the cost of a single extra driver

you can probably guess how incentivized your :censored2:ty contract language makes us to fix that problem lmao
50k a year.......?! My center I'm thinking it's close to 50k a MONTH

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

foam pillow
yes
i did
420 hours of iGate training before you reach lvl 80 dispatch mage

I'm not sure if the OP is still checking in on this thread, but I have a question regarding promotions and sort. It seems like each time I read "on the move" nearly all of the promotions are from Preload. Does being from night sort put you at a disadvantage?

Thanks.
night sorts are invisible; you have no chance to make yourself known until you screw up

oldngray

nowhere special
foam pillow
yes
i did
420 hours of iGate training before you reach lvl 80 dispatch mage

night sorts are invisible; you have no chance to make yourself known until you screw up

Night sort requires little management other than making sure enough warm bodies show up for work.

ManInBrown

Couldn't agree more. I always laugh about the drivers that are "friends" with management outside of work. Why would any driver be friendly with management? Years ago on my way home I saw one of the OCS in my center broken down on the side of the road about a mile from the center. I honked at him and waved and kept it moving.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Couldn't agree more. I always laugh about the drivers that are "friends" with management outside of work. Why would any driver be friendly with management? Years ago on my way home I saw one of the OCS in my center broken down on the side of the road about a mile from the center. I honked at him and waved and kept it moving.
That is absolutely amazing