Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
To start a career with UPS? I'd want to shoot for a driver position eventually and as I understand there is a long wait list.

I've been reading on here that a lot of times people don't make driver until their 30s 40s or even later.

So at 36, would I even have a chance?

I believe I'm physically capable. I'm the type that prefers physical labor over a desk job.
I started at 40 so yes it can be done

Super Powers

I started as a preloader in 1985 and started driving in 1991 at 24. I've seen drivers start late over the years,but ,making it 25 years plus for a decent pension will be tough.

bettum

It's really shameful that UPS subsidizes the higher paying driving positions off the package handlers pay. You have drivers making $30+ an hour because UPS has a whole underclass of underpaid people loading/unloading boxes for $10/hr. And they know they can get away with it because they offer the "opportunity" to maybe someday become of driver......if you're lucky. So you break your back for years making McDonald's wages all because you "might" someday get a chance to be a driver. I don't know if package handlers are in the union, but I wouldn't pay any dues until I would become a driver. The union isn't representing you-pay wise at least. If UPS pays drivers $30+ per hour then they should pay package handlers AT LEAST $18/hr to be consistent. Everyone makes great money at UPS, except package handlers. Their horrible pay subsidizes the great pay of everyone else at UPS.
This part timer is making 24 and hour.