Attention Couriers: The End is Nigh!

TNT Frosty

im waiting for Apple to sue for taking the "i" name.... unless they paid for that name, like the "i"load van....

but, still testing is just that.. testing.. we all know that items will be stolen, bots destroyed, heck, ive seen how americans drive (worse then asians at times).. so run over faster then a fat kid running for cake.

Serf

Learn how to be a remote operator. Or learn how to perform maintenance on these bots. Advice for Future prospects.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Dispatch: Customer waiting, re-attempt required, iBot!
download-1.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your hero Barksdale isnt around to suck the life out of the company so the work ZAP is off limits.

ZapMail was a bust. So were Z-vans, HotelPak, and MD10's, in which FedEx made a huge investment. Most are parked in the desert somewhere. They were supposed to go 20 years... oops.
A lot of these mistakes went through Smith, and he'll be around until he goes to his reward in Satan's Lair.

Oldfart

ZapMail was a bust. So were Z-vans, HotelPak, and MD10's, in which FedEx made a huge investment. Most are parked in the desert somewhere. They were supposed to go 20 years... oops.
A lot of these mistakes went through Smith, and he'll be around until he goes to his reward in Satan's Lair.
The DC 10/MD10 took the company to the next level. Not sure where you got that idea. Just like the 727 and 737 made the company start growing, the 10 eliminated the need to send multiple 27's or 37's to larger cities. The Z Van had issues but was one of the best vans I ever delivered out of. The turning radius, the side cargo door and walk thru bulkhead were a big benefit. The clutches were another subject.

Zapmail was all on Barksdale. He was the electronic guru and just didn't realize a $75 fax machine was right around the corner. I still have a handout that came out when they finally pulled the plug and in the article, they quote Barksdale as taking the blame for the fiasco and that he offered his resignation as a result. I am sure Fred had to ok it but Barksdale was the architect.