August 1 Raise.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Same way here kind of a crappy set up but it is what it is
I’m scratching my head on that one as well. The company recognizes the economy changes and has agreed to put a little sugar on top, but not for the guys making less than a top rate driver. Makes no sense.

Thebrownblob

I’m scratching my head on that one as well. The company recognizes the economy changes and has agreed to put a little sugar on top, but not for the guys making less than a top rate driver. Makes no sense.
It was a complete failure by both sides on that one

Brownwind

The first one I was supposedly not eligible for, I can’t remember what year it was late 90s? A couple years later one of the Union Stewards walks by in hands me a check and I’m like what’s this? he says it’s your retro check for the cola raise you didn’t get a few years ago. Apparently there was a national grievance filed for some of us and we won it.
Was that about 96/97? I got PAID (cha Ching). Seriously. It was insane the check I got. Dollar dollar bill y all…

kforte36

This generation by and large has absolutely no idea how to save money. You would be shocked how many people have a paycheck error and say they cannot pay their bills unless they get the money that week. Some of these guys are making six figures. SMH
Many of these drivers you are referring to are older drivers as well. So many people don't see the need to save and think their pension will save them. So sad.

kforte36

Many of these drivers you are referring to are older drivers as well. So many people don't see the need to save and think their pension will save them. So sad.
There are veteran drivers who drive an hour to the center from where they live, decide they don't want to work without using an optional day, go home then complain they aren't being paid enough.... Seriously? What are they thinking?

Yeet

There are veteran drivers who drive an hour to the center from where they live, decide they don't want to work without using an optional day, go home then complain they aren't being paid enough.... Seriously? What are they thinking?
Ehhh they are veteran drivers. They have been doing this job (some of them) for longer than I’ve been alive. I think they are entitled to that.

kforte36

Ehhh they are veteran drivers. They have been doing this job (some of them) for longer than I’ve been alive. I think they are entitled to that.
I agree they can decide to go home on a given day but they shouldn't be complain about their paycheck when they choose to go home on a given week.

Yeet

I agree they can decide to go home on a given day but they shouldn't be complain about their paycheck when they choose to go home on a given week.
We have different experiences with senior drivers then. The ones wanting to 8 and skate don’t complain about not getting OT. They are trying to ride out their last days before retirement.

kforte36

We have different experiences with senior drivers then. The ones wanting to 8 and skate don’t complain about not getting OT. They are trying to ride out their last days before retirement.
I'm saying that drivers won't even work at all multiple times in a week but at the same time complain at the end of that week that their paychecks are too small. Of course it's going to be smaller when they work less than five days in a week.