Back to the Mariana Trench

It will be fine

Because seniority should count for more than vacation. Someone who has been there 30 years, with all their aches and pains, shouldn’t have to unload cans when they did it for years previously (unless they volunteer). That should be for the rookies who are usually younger and in better health.
Sounds like age discrimination to me.

Godzilla55

Amazingly we are over staffed. Management mentioned in meeting today that LWOP will be offered on a voluntary basis beginning next week.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because seniority should count for more than vacation. Someone who has been there 30 years, with all their aches and pains, shouldn’t have to unload cans when they did it for years previously (unless they volunteer). That should be for the rookies who are usually younger and in better health.
If you can't do the job, perhaps you shouldn't have the job.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yah, let's push those old timers out in favor of poorly paid newbies who aren't half as productive.
It's always refreshing to hear some old timer on the sort complaining about the work ethic of the younger workers, as Earl OldTimer stands there pulling about 80 packages for 2 routes during an hourlong sort.

Serf

We are cutting a manager, not filling positions for those that quit or retire. Sending folks home voluntarily without pay. Spreading work around to stay under 8 hours. And I’m told this is just the beginning. These were similar issues right before strong flu season in 2020.

yadig

We are cutting a manager, not filling positions for those that quit or retire. Sending folks home voluntarily without pay. Spreading work around to stay under 8 hours. And I’m told this is just the beginning. These were similar issues right before strong flu season in 2020.
Where are you located? It’s not like that here, overtime and hiring like crazy. It must be different across the country

btrlov

They should have been done that. UPS does it on regular daily basis. Fact is many ppl would take a volunteer furlough as long as they know ahead of time and its per day- None of this come in for 2 hours and go home and do it 5 DAYS A WEEK.