BAD NEWS: UPS just threatened to train "new hires" so they don't have to raise wages

Steamer

SOB overplaying his hand in a very divided America right now.
Like many leaders, his ego will be his downfall.
Well management will suffer as well. They will need less of you after this strike. Good luck.

UPS Annual Gross Profit
(Millions of US $)
2022$74,152
2021$71,939
2020$64,050
2019$56,377
2018$53,293
2017$50,598
2016$48,102
2015$46,438
2014$44,518
2013$42,685
2012$41,455
2011$40,541
2010$38,802

Philipjfry

Very True! I would think there would need to be some training for most routes, especially heavy commercial routes.
Feeder runs, sleeper teams, pilots, mechanics alot of training.
People will die from the heat in August
Are we collectively willing to very publicly sacrifice some random scab or some worthless ORS to keel over Aug 2 in the back of the package car from the brutal heat and conditions for the best contract ever Aug 3?
Hell yeah I am.

Family

I don’t know but this game of chicken is going to put a lot of people out of work. The sad part is if we go on strike this company will never be the same The sad part is all of these people that are all excited about having a strike they just get what they were asking for and in the end if a lot of us lose jobs out of this boy, I challenge anyone to go find a job that we have now with the wages and benefits. So sad.
That is what corporate Inc did to this country. Didn't Ross Perot talk about the giant suckling sound coming from South of the border? Crony capitalist play to win they could care less about their employees. Your just a means to an end.

Next Day Error

X - Other
I don’t know but this game of chicken is going to put a lot of people out of work. The sad part is if we go on strike this company will never be the same The sad part is all of these people that are all excited about having a strike they just get what they were asking for and in the end if a lot of us lose jobs out of this boy, I challenge anyone to go find a job that we have now with the wages and benefits. So sad.
Grow a spine.

UPS1907

Well management will suffer as well. They will need less of you after this strike. Good luck.

UPS Annual Gross Profit
(Millions of US $)
2022$74,152
2021$71,939
2020$64,050
2019$56,377
2018$53,293
2017$50,598
2016$48,102
2015$46,438
2014$44,518
2013$42,685
2012$41,455
2011$40,541
2010$38,802
True, hopefully I'll get bought out. Or just retire. Either way, I couldn't leave before THIS show ended.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

And with the part time turnaround in this place they won’t even be here long to benefit. Meanwhile the career guys with mortgages and kids to feed will be out of work. I’d like to see a comparison of all these gun ho strikers and the guys who are content. I bet 80% of the people who want to strike live with their parents, have no bills or kids to take care of.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
And with the part time turnaround in this place they won’t even be here long to benefit. Meanwhile the career guys with mortgages and kids to feed will be out of work. I’d like to see a comparison of all these gun ho strikers and the guys who are content. I bet 80% of the people who want to strike live with their parents, have no bills or kids to take care of.
It's real effed up at our center right now, with the unknown. Especially with the mid level drivers who have families. We have 5 part time rank and file members. 5. So it's hard for them to understand we are going to strike, lose volume, and possibly get laid off, for 5 guys.
I know it's a microcosm, but those guys aren't on Brown Cafe, etc. They just show up, do their jobs and leave. So the "big picture" isnt there for em.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

It's real effed up at our center right now, with the unknown. Especially with the mid level drivers who have families. We have 5 part time rank and file members. 5. So it's hard for them to understand we are going to strike, lose volume, and possibly get laid off, for 5 guys.
I know it's a microcosm, but those guys aren't on Brown Cafe, etc. They just show up, do their jobs and leave. So the "big picture" isnt there for em.
We’re being asked to sacrifice our livelihoods and responsibilities to give someone a 10$+ hour raise to do a non skilled inside job. Meanwhile they go to grocery stores and fast food joints everyday and give their order or checkout at a kiosk, you know why? The people that once manned those counters asked for a stupid amount of money too. They want 20-25$ an hour to do a job everyone here with over five years of employment did for 8.50$ an hour. We didn’t complain about it. We coveted the day we would become drivers and the other half were there just for the healthcare and had other day jobs. Go to your local grocery store that’ll pay you 15$ an hour and ask for the benefits package you get here and you will be laughed out of the room.