Barney Frank

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Not really. The piece of crap that called him Barney ferret, Dick Armey (the same Dick armey who helped to bankrole the teaparty)is the true piece of crap. Frank was a quick witted legislator, probably the funniest pol on TV.

I love how you posted "was" , like he died or something.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Thank goodness he is only a Congressman;
who is responsible for a having a boyfriend operate a sex club in his own basement, being at a house in Maine where the police raided & found illegal pot plants to which he claimed he didn't know what they were, his last real job was pumping gas in NJ 40 yrs ago, but the best part was Massachusetts losing a seat in Congress, so the district lines had to rewritten and his chances of winning another election were reduced.
So far he is the 14th Dem to fold.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
bawny.jpg
bawny.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its amazing how you C9ers believe everything you are sold by the right wing "word doctors". You all repeat the same garbage about the housing crisis as IF it was true and you have the true culprit, yet you all DONT KNOW JACK about the housing crisis.

Barney Frank was the best deflection that the GOP could come up with in order to redirect you away from the truth. As I tell many of you C9ers, dont let facts get in your way.

Lets examine the truth about the housing crisis ( and hopefully, this information wont be deleted again ) and take a look at the FACTS.

First, lets start with the B.S. and go on from there.

B.S. list:
1) Barney Frank instructed Fannie mae and Freddie mac to make loans to low income minorities.
2) Barney Frank instructed lenders to eliminate down payments
3) Barney Frank instructed lenders to eliminate income verification
4) Barney Frank instructed lenders to take buyers with bad credit
5) Barney Frank instructed lenders to build tons of homes
6) Barney Frank instructed lenders to make bad loans on over valued homes

This is ALL CRAP.

The answer lies with one man and his advisors. That MAN is George W. BUSH, and his staff aka Karl ROVE. All anybody has to do, is check out the White House archives for all the proof you need (aka TRP) I will provide the links for you to read. Now, how was BUSH responsible?

Thats easy, its called the HOME OWNERSHIP SOCIETY. Plain and simple. Listen to BUSH's own words, Watch this video completely, then read the BUSH white house outline of the home ownershp society.

Read and listen to how BUSH instructs Both fannie and freddie to make ALL the bad loans, listen to BUSH talk about making loans to low income minorities, Listen to BUSH talk about NO DOWNPAYMENTS, listen to BUSH talk about changing the mortage process to make it easier to make bad loans to people who otherwise couldnt afford a home. IF ANY of you are serious about learning the truth, listen and read what BUSH started and created in July 2002.

Listen to BUSH
Burning Down The House: (Karl Rove - Bush Version) - YouTube

White House archives
Fact Sheet: America's Ownership Society: Expanding Opportunities

Increasing Affordable Housing and Expanding Homeownership

President Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Home Ownership

President Calls on Senate to Pass American Dream Downpayment Act

President Reiterates Goal on Homeownership

President Bush Signs American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003

BUSH QUOTE:
Freddie Mac recently began 25 initiatives around the country to dismantle barriers and create greater opportunities for homeownership. One of the programs is designed to help deserving families who have bad credit histories to qualify for homeownership loans. Freddie Mac is also working with the Department of Defense to promote construction and financing for housing for men and women in the military.

President Hosts Conference on Minority Homeownership

Hopefully you have read all the material and LEARNED what caused the economic meltdown of our housing industry in this country and stop blaming Barney Frank. If you read all the material, and listened to BUSH himself, you should have discovered that everything that went wrong with the housing market can be traced DIRECTLY back to BUSH and BUSH alone.

But, if i know the C9, they will stay with the same BARNEY FRANK deception that they have embraced.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What would you expect you gave Bush and his advisors credit for things that were done before they even ran for president.

THis is whats wrong with you right wing drones. YOU cant accept reality. NONE of the things BUSH outlines in his home ownership society were CREATED before he took office. If they were, i am sure you could post it for us to read.

BUSH created the ZERO DOWNPAYMENT ACT
BUSH created the DOWNPAYMENT ASSISTANCE ACT
BUSH ordered FANNIE AND FREDDIE to cooperate in his low income bad credit push for 2.5 million new home owners
BUSH ordered the banks and mortgage writers to lend to low income minority homeowners
BUSH ordered the SECTION 8 program to make mortgages for low income minorities after they purchased a home
BUSH ordered the lending industry to LOWER the standards for qualifying for home loans.

NONE OF THIS was done before BUSH took office. These were all BUSH's ideas, and were all passed by the Republican controlled house and senate. YOU cant escape the truth. ITs all there in black in white and in the video.

You can make excuses all you want, you can blame people who had nothing to do with the crisis, but it doesnt make you informed.

This is the problem with you guys. You refuse to listen to the truth about your party and leadership. You fall for the rhetoric of the right wing talking heads who repeat those same lies that Clinton and Barney Frank created the housing crisis.

If any of this was true, I am sure ONE of the C9 would post something, anything that would suggest it.

SO far, all you have is a couple of soundbites of Barney Frank saying a couple of things out of context.

Peace.

BUSH quote:
Many of the partners today, many of the people here today, many of the business leaders here today are creating a market for the mortgages where Section 8 vouchers are a source of the payment. And that's good -- see, it's an underpinning of capital. It helps move capital to where we want capital to go.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Now, tos there is a cure for your illness, BDS .
All you have to do is look at today's headlines and see that Mr. Bush left office over 3 years ago. Today's problems may have started ( in your mind ) with him, but who is now responsible for the solutions that are needed today ?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What would you expect you gave Bush and his advisors credit for things that were done before they even ran for president.[/QUOTE

Blame Barney. Why? Because he's leaving office and makes an easy target. Your avatar reveals your Libertarian views, which explain much of your frequent confusion with the facts. Somalia is the perfect example of a successful Libertarian state. No government, utter chaos. Perhaps you should move there and help them understand why Libertarianism isn't working out so well.

island1fox

Tos,
You have asked me why I swim on the surface of issues.

Please==Bush is the cause of the housing crisis ?? I read your posts realize that you are dedicated very left wing --I am fine with that.

Never want to call anyone dishonest --but I know you are way too smart to believe what you just posted .

I would prefer to swim on top of the water than to roll around in the muck and mud. Disappointed in you !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Tos,
You have asked me why I swim on the surface of issues.

Please==Bush is the cause of the housing crisis ?? I read your posts realize that you are dedicated very left wing --I am fine with that.

Never want to call anyone dishonest --but I know you are way too smart to believe what you just posted .

I would prefer to swim on top of the water than to roll around in the muck and mud. Disappointed in you !!

Island,

I give you alot of credit for many things. We can have a reasonable debate on the housing crisis for sure, but you first need to read every link i posted, the entire pages, then listen to the video of BUSH speaking those same words.

Then, go back and find ANYTHING close to what BUSH said or created in the Clinton administration, or ANY action by Barney Frank that is similiar to the actions taken by BUSH starting in 2002.

EVERYTHING that went wrong in the housing market is a DIRECT result of President BUSH's actions verifiable by everything I posted.

I challenge you to read all the links, understand the BUSH agenda, understand his outline for home ownership, look at what he says about low income minority home sales and bad credit. HOw can ANY of you dispute the written facts on White House letterhead?

Then lets discuss it without a partisan viewpoint.

You dont have to be a liberal to understand FACTS.

Peace.

THis is whats wrong with you right wing drones. YOU cant accept reality. NONE of the things BUSH outlines in his home ownership society were CREATED before he took office. If they were, i am sure you could post it for us to read.

BUSH created the ZERO DOWNPAYMENT ACT
BUSH created the DOWNPAYMENT ASSISTANCE ACT
BUSH ordered FANNIE AND FREDDIE to cooperate in his low income bad credit push for 2.5 million new home owners
BUSH ordered the banks and mortgage writers to lend to low income minority homeowners
BUSH ordered the SECTION 8 program to make mortgages for low income minorities after they purchased a home
BUSH ordered the lending industry to LOWER the standards for qualifying for home loans.

NONE OF THIS was done before BUSH took office. These were all BUSH's ideas, and were all passed by the Republican controlled house and senate. YOU cant escape the truth. ITs all there in black in white and in the video.

You can make excuses all you want, you can blame people who had nothing to do with the crisis, but it doesnt make you informed.

This is the problem with you guys. You refuse to listen to the truth about your party and leadership. You fall for the rhetoric of the right wing talking heads who repeat those same lies that Clinton and Barney Frank created the housing crisis.

If any of this was true, I am sure ONE of the C9 would post something, anything that would suggest it.

SO far, all you have is a couple of soundbites of Barney Frank saying a couple of things out of context.

Peace.

I read the links you provided, thank you for doing so. Unless I missed something, I did not see where any of the Bush passed "acts" required financing a home purchase to an applicant with bad credit. Also I didn't find the forcing of the lending industry to grant loans to people who could not afford to make the payments.
I didn't see where Bush ORDERED Fannie and Freddie to do anything, ORDERED banks and mortgage underwriters to lend to low income minorities that couldn't make their payments, ORDERED Sec 8 program to make mortgages to low income minorities that couldn't make their payments or ORDERED to lower the standards for qualifying for home loans to people that couldn't make their payments. I did read the word " Encourage" several times though.

If you know of published links to those I would certainly appreciate the posting of them.

After reading the links to the Zero DP Act and the DP asst act, Bush read like a hero helping people that could make the monthly payments on a home but couldn't rake up the initial DP and fees associated with purchasing a home.
I always thought that it was the dems that championed helping to poor and down trodden?

moreluck

golden ticket member
TOS: This is a thread titled Barney Frank and you have "Bush" in your post 8-10 times!!

Why don't you talk about Frank's hurry to repeal a section of Buck's perfect health plan?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I read the links you provided, thank you for doing so. Unless I missed something, I did not see where any of the Bush passed "acts" required financing a home purchase to an applicant with bad credit. Also I didn't find the forcing of the lending industry to grant loans to people who could not afford to make the payments.
I didn't see where Bush ORDERED Fannie and Freddie to do anything, ORDERED banks and mortgage underwriters to lend to low income minorities that couldn't make their payments, ORDERED Sec 8 program to make mortgages to low income minorities that couldn't make their payments or ORDERED to lower the standards for qualifying for home loans to people that couldn't make their payments. I did read the word " Encourage" several times though.

If you know of published links to those I would certainly appreciate the posting of them.

After reading the links to the Zero DP Act and the DP asst act, Bush read like a hero helping people that could make the monthly payments on a home but couldn't rake up the initial DP and fees associated with purchasing a home.
I always thought that it was the dems that championed helping to poor and down trodden?

TRP,

Cmon brother, are you really going to play this game? If you didnt read those things, then, you didnt read all the documents i posted. Those are WHITE HOUSE documents, not some left wing site filled with nonsense.

In the video itself, BUSH states he asked Freddie and Fannie to MAKE LOANS to people with BAD CREDIT... CLEAR AS A BELL. How could you have missed that? Selective hearing?

Near the end of the video, BUSH says that a "BARRIER" to home ownership is BAD CREDIT, but he was GOING TO REMOVE that "BARRIER" because a person with bad credit deserves a home just like anyone else!

Those are HIS words, not mine.

Lets agree to discuss this issue one item at a time. PICK a topic about home ownership where YOU feel Barney Frank did something, show what he did and Ill counter you with a direct action of GW BUSH.

Lets try having a discussion without name calling. At the end of the day, I believe I can show you the facts on how BUSH created the housing mess starting in 2002 until today.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS: This is a thread titled Barney Frank and you have "Bush" in your post 8-10 times!!

Why don't you talk about Frank's hurry to repeal a section of Buck's perfect health plan?

WOW, we have a course correction comment from one of the biggest hijackers of all threads.

Give me a break.

Peace.