Bathrooms

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who would you report unfit bathrooms or locker rooms too?

We never have soap or towels to dry. The entire place reeks of pee. The urinals are constantly not working and just filled with urine. There is mold on the walls.

I am assuming this isn't a grievance thing it would be an osha thing?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

We never have soap or towels to dry. The entire place reeks of pee. The urinals are constantly not working and just filled with urine. There is mold on the walls.

Sounds like it needs a hazmat team

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

County health dept could direct you who to call

542thruNthru

Article 5 NMA
Screenshot_20220714-223009_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Also OSHA

Integrity

Binge Poster

This is and has been a possible polarizing issue in my workplace.

We have Teamster Porters in my building who seem to have their own thing going and cleaning and portering doesn’t seem to be their main focus.

Personally step one in my opinion based upon my experience is to talk with my steward about this in a very polite, casual, and non accusatory way and see what he says.

I believe documenting this casual conversation including what you said to your steward and what he/she said to you is important part of the process. Hopefully the process will end here but in my experience usually it hasn’t.

When documenting I personally feel that the most important thing to include is accurate notes of what was said and by whom.

This has been and is very helpful when I have to go upstream to correct issues that I from my perspective are nonnegotiable.

@Brownslave688,

If you would like to discuss this further please let me know.

Last edited:

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

I use the one upstairs. The supervisors get one with a key.

qdg2

Here, we are in a relatively new building. Restrooms are so so already. Our old building had backed up toilets and raw sewage water on the floor at least once a week. It usually took days to months to get the problem "fixed"(never really was). Mgts answer is "it's being addressed....". Walking in raw sewage and then walking into a mgrs office usually got someone's attention. Early on we had a lot of graffiti and gang crap...that seems to have diminished somewhat.....

Now(back to my current facility).....

Hot(luke warm) water intermittent. 2 faucets....intermittent.....one is usually snapped off at the base. Our restrooms are cleaned once a day I think(THEY WERE IN MY OLD BUILDING). I think this is the problem....just not cleaned enough. Usually have soap. Since covid....paper towels are hit or miss. Paper towels run out before the bathrooms are serviced. No way to sanitize the toilet lid. Unsanitary at the very least. Toilet and urinals are automatic flush.

My experience has been....the older the building...the nastier the bathroom.

BTW, our cleaners are generally contract and difficult to communicate with unless each participant is fluent in Spanish.