Ups Bathrooms

SandSpida

Whenever I wash my hands in our bathrooms I just leave the water running, the handles are probably covered in Ebola, it’s makes it a waste of time to turn off the water. Plus with all that water that UPS saves from not washing the trucks I figure it’s no big deal.

muthatrucka

Whenever I wash my hands in our bathrooms I just leave the water running, the handles are probably covered in Ebola, it’s makes it a waste of time to turn off the water. Plus with all that water that UPS saves from not washing the trucks I figure it’s no big deal.
I always wondered who that idiot was that left the water on in the bathrooms.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
The magor problem we have at our hub that causes the bathrooms to be filthy is they have 6 full-time porters tasked with cleaning the bathrooms. They all work M-friend 6 am to 2:30 pm. Most don't clean the bathrooms until around noon. The ground level bathrooms get extensive use. They get used by day workers until twilight hits the building then midnight sort and preload before they are cleaned the next day at noon. The first person that urinates on the toilet seat starts the decline. There are no paper towels to self clean seats so people squat over the seats and let fire. This process goes on all week and Saturday it gets an extra dose and gets to sit all weekend. Feeders filed grievances and we have asked multiple times to have a porter assigned to nights to clean bathrooms and other areas to no avail. $430,000 in wages to clean the building and we have to live with bathrooms like this. That is poor management of resources. They should probably get even less than 40%

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Complaining about the work or a supervisor is one thing when you make over $100k.

But most other places where you can make $100k/yr have clean, functional bathrooms.

Bottom line is the company is all about saving those nickels, while tripping over dollars in the process.

They care more about non-functional ORION than having a clean restroom for the employees.
Ever think that maybe they have to find other places to save nickels and dimes because they have to pay drivers 100K a year?... to deliver packages?...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Feel bad for me? I'll make $180k this

year. I'm only 57. I can still make

close to $1 million before Medicare.

This job sucks but what job doesn't?

That extra $million will make it a little

easier.

It takes a "special" type of person to eat, sleep, urinate, and defecate

in a common place on a daily basis.

If money is the motivating factor, have at it....

watdaflock?

The birthplace of Corona Virus. As a feeder driver I would assume we go in more bathrooms than your average UPS employee. They are always gross, smelly, with random things smeared on walls and water/piss and who knows what else floating around that u have walk through to get in or out. Many of them have one or more things broken for months at a time. Like Charleston WV last week. Both sinks were unusable and one urinal. A multi billion dollar company, with 3rd world bathrooms.
Quit using them.

Hope this helps.

a911scanner

Ever think that maybe they have to find other places to save nickels and dimes because they have to pay drivers 100K a year?... to deliver packages?...

Not really, no. I think it's because they waste money on programs to change things that don't need to be changed, like ORION for example. I also think it's because they don't place a high enough priority on making sure the buildings are clean.

Guaranteed, UPS can & does afford to clean every single bathroom at the corporate office.

I'm sure a $70+ billion dollar company that profits nearly 9% per year can afford to have every bathroom within their purview clean enough to eat off the floor.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
The birthplace of Corona Virus. As a feeder driver I would assume we go in more bathrooms than your average UPS employee. They are always gross, smelly, with random things smeared on walls and water/piss and who knows what else floating around that u have walk through to get in or out. Many of them have one or more things broken for months at a time. Like Charleston WV last week. Both sinks were unusable and one urinal. A multi billion dollar company, with 3rd world bathrooms.
Already posted on upsers.com. I don't care since they don't care. I posted a challenge to corporate and management to come over here and use our bathrooms. Got pulled in the office 3 days later. Don't want anyone to look bad was the reason.