Ups Bathrooms

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by muthatrucka, Mar 7, 2020.

1. quad decade guy

quad decade guy Active Member

Feel bad for me? I'll make $180k this

year. I'm only 57. I can still make

close to $1 million before Medicare.

This job sucks but what job doesn't?

That extra $million will make it a little

easier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. muthatrucka

muthatrucka Member

quarantine is gonna be fun.

3. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Forget that bathroom, do a culture of your cell phone.

4. SandSpida

SandSpida New Member

Whenever I wash my hands in our bathrooms I just leave the water running, the handles are probably covered in Ebola, it’s makes it a waste of time to turn off the water. Plus with all that water that UPS saves from not washing the trucks I figure it’s no big deal.

5. muthatrucka

muthatrucka Member

I always wondered who that idiot was that left the water on in the bathrooms.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Our sinks have the sensor that turns on the lukewarm water. No handles to touch and the jet air hand dryers. Also no doors to open or close.

7. detmaintainer

detmaintainer Detroit Maintenance Rat

The magor problem we have at our hub that causes the bathrooms to be filthy is they have 6 full-time porters tasked with cleaning the bathrooms. They all work M-F 6 am to 2:30 pm. Most don't clean the bathrooms until around noon. The ground level bathrooms get extensive use. They get used by day workers until twilight hits the building then midnight sort and preload before they are cleaned the next day at noon. The first person that urinates on the toilet seat starts the decline. There are no paper towels to self clean seats so people squat over the seats and let fire. This process goes on all week and Saturday it gets an extra dose and gets to sit all weekend. Feeders filed grievances and we have asked multiple times to have a porter assigned to nights to clean bathrooms and other areas to no avail. $430,000 in wages to clean the building and we have to live with bathrooms like this. That is poor management of resources. They should probably get even less than 40%

8. H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker Mmm, Mombasa!

Ever think that maybe they have to find other places to save nickels and dimes because they have to pay drivers 100K a year?... to deliver packages?...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Why haven't you filed ?

10. BigUnionGuy

Jealous ?

11. BigUnionGuy

It takes a "special" type of person to eat, sleep, urinate, and defecate

in a common place on a daily basis.

If money is the motivating factor, have at it....

12. quad decade guy

quad decade guy Active Member

It is. Sure ain't job satisfaction.

13. watdaflock?

watdaflock? Well-Known Member

Quit using them.

Hope this helps.

14. watdaflock?

Why did you only threaten and not actually call? You believe the bark is worse than the bite?

15. Covemastah

Covemastah And the Reign Of Terror Continues!! Pats # 6 !!!

They fixed it in a day after I spoke to pe

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Masked and ready

Then deport the current janitors

17. watdaflock?

So you went a year with out hot water, then they fixed it in a day. Why did you goofs wait a year to complain?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Covemastah

Covemastah And the Reign Of Terror Continues!! Pats # 6 !!!

Because no one mentioned OSHA or purposely failing their Keter audit, till I chewed him out

19. a911scanner

a911scanner Active Member

Not really, no. I think it's because they waste money on programs to change things that don't need to be changed, like ORION for example. I also think it's because they don't place a high enough priority on making sure the buildings are clean.

Guaranteed, UPS can & does afford to clean every single bathroom at the corporate office.

I'm sure a $70+ billion dollar company that profits nearly 9% per year can afford to have every bathroom within their purview clean enough to eat off the floor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

Already posted on upsers.com. I don't care since they don't care. I posted a challenge to corporate and management to come over here and use our bathrooms. Got pulled in the office 3 days later. Don't want anyone to look bad was the reason.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List