UrFellowUpser

I hope you dont mean to fix their yard on your own time. That would be UPS's responsibility to pay for it to be fixed. Just like we dont personally pay to fix someone elses car if we get in an accident.

Unless the homeowner is cute and single, then by all means, stop by her house on the weekend for some "yard work"
Im doing it on my personal time. The owner told me he does not want to get me in trouble behind this so i figure i just get a shovel and rake and some dirt and even out the places i messed up in his yard and put ssome grass seed in it. I thank its better than getting a mark on my record. It looks like my center manager is trying to avoid that.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
This job is hard gosh... A couple a days ago i messed up someones yard by getting stuck in it out in the country. I told my manager about it as soon as it happened. I dont think i will get charged but i cantacted the customer and we agreed that i will fix the wrong on the weekend. Prior to that i clipped a low hanging wire also told management about that and to my surprise never got charged for that. And a year ago i was hit while parked that was ruled as unavoidable and just yesterday i went over on my dot hours. Right now im in fear for my career and livelihood. I dont think i will be here long if i dont fix this NOW.
Hahahaha. Rookies. This was a good read.

UrFellowUpser

I hate the fact that i have to drive up on these peoples properties but its the county and i have to do it. There driveways be so damn long and some places i have to work magic to maneuver the pc to have a way out. On them in town routes i have no problem.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
In my building if you have a ton of NDA that you think you can’t do, drivers inform the sup who spreads it out to air drivers and ad cuts.

Look at what you have, if you can’t do it then tell somebody. UPS may suck at a lot of things but one thing that is universally encouraged is to speak to managers about problems when it comes to making service. They won’t mind discussing air services because that makes UPS the money and guaranteed that work load will be made to work.

UPS does not fook around when it comes to EAM and NDA. The rest? Well the rest you do when you do.

over9five

Staff member
Im doing it on my personal time. The owner told me he does not want to get me in trouble behind this so i figure i just get a shovel and rake and some dirt and even out the places i messed up in his yard and put ssome grass seed in it. I thank its better than getting a mark on my record. It looks like my center manager is trying to avoid that.
Not a good idea. We hear this ALL the time. Make a deal with the homeowner/property owner. You'll do your part, and they'll change their mind later and call it in anyhow.
At least you reported it.

UrFellowUpser

Not a good idea. We hear this ALL the time. Make a deal with the homeowner/property owner. You'll do your part, and they'll change their mind later and call it in anyhow.
At least you reported it.
Seems like they already called it in my sup already investigated the incident the day after

UrFellowUpser

But if i get charged then so be it. I rather than take a slap on the hand and take a safety ride rather than not reporting it and getting fired over it. I've heard so many stories

brown_trousers

and then a while down the road, you'll get into an accident with a BMW, and your supervisor will ask you to take care of the damages with your own money and time, like you did for that homeowner

Heavy Package

Ive been out blind i just get nervous when i know im too slow and have next day airs and savers and businesses to deliver too plus the pickups. I really do try to follow the methods and go a safe pace but UPS has these crazy metrics they wont to meet.

Well, genius, that pretty much is the job description. If you can't handle it then time to put your polo shirt on and become a PT sup,