Beer

tarbar66

I picked up some Bluemoon, Straub, Labatts, and some Miller High Life for my forth of July extravaganza party!!!!

I'm glad to see someone here know's about Straub Beer. Back in the early 80's in the summer time I made it a point to stop at the brewery and refill my water jug with their ice and spring water.

I used to make their pick up a few years later and really wanted to hit the "Eternal Tap".

Have you had any of their Peter Straub Dark yet?

evilleace

It's Genesee cream ale nite and it's an acquired taste. Anyone ever had it? I'm drinking it in remembrance of my wifes grandfather. This beer was his beer god help him. This one is for you Earl.

I have had the cream ale and am not really sure what I think of it. It was ok not sure if i would drink it again. ( I actually only picked one up beacuse the liqour store had singles for $.99 when I was picking something else up)

Even though this is the Beer thread I have been on a hard cider kick recently. The woodchuck pumpkin is really good in my opinion for a crisp fall evening.

raceanoncr

Don't drink much beer but when I do, got hooked on "Chili Beer".

Spicy beer w/kick and a serano pepper laying in the bottom like a worm in tequila. Don't eat the pepper, tho. Kinda skanky. And, yes, I do know about skanky.

rod

Retired 22 years
This 1985 commercial was filmed at one of the nearby lakes. All the "actors" were friends of mine. They ended up making about $40,000 each and had to join the Screen Actors Guild. The shot of the northern pike grabbing the lure was astually made with a real fish cut in half and a scuba diver running its mouth like a hand puppet. The commercial took about a week to film and it turned out to be a week long drunk for these guys.

DS

Fenderbender
One of my delivery customers gave me a bottle of this for Christmas.I am waiting for the right occasion to savor it.

Think vanilla, toffee and orange aromas, with a malty,
lightly oaked palate; soothing and warm in the finish.

scotchbeer.jpg