Before it's too late!

upschuck

For what sake would you continue to vote for Hoffa???
I thought Hoffa was retiring.

If I feel I can't trust them more, or have witnessed terrible decisions. And before you bring in the impasse, to me, it was inevitable that the HC was changing, just didn't like how he imposed it. Could have been done differently, esp for the poor L89 people who didn't even get the best offer.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Could have been done differently, esp for the poor L89 people who didn't even get the best offer.

Isn't that the definition of irony ?

Suckerman, and Local 89, had the ability to negotiate for what they wanted in previous contracts.

Why now.... are these issues at the forefront ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Isn't that the definition of irony ?

Suckerman, and Local 89, had the ability to negotiate for what they wanted in previous contracts.

Why now.... are these issues at the forefront ?

-Bug-
Good lord, are you serious?
Local 89 was bargaining in the last contract, when that right was stripped from them.
Many of their issues stem from Worldport expansion and weren't issues in previous contracts.
I believe you post some of this stuff hoping people don't know any better, or don't stop to think it through.

Last edited:

5habits100

Good lord, are you serious?
Local 89 was bargaining in the last contract, when that right was stripped from them.
Many of their issues stem from Worldport expansion and weren't issues in previous contracts.
I believe you post some of this stuff hoping people don't know any better, or don't stop to think it through.
I think it is you that is spewing garbage. Local 89 agreeing to 6 hour part-time employees with less than a full-time pension didn't come about because of Worldport expansion. The expansion of Worldport wasn't the cause of Local 89 agreeing and not fighting other issues prior to the negotiations you keep referencing. The reality is the PO wants to run for an IBT position again and that is why he started having issues 5 years ago. He got mad because he didn't get a spot on with Hoffa that's the real reason for the split. If he got a position he would be with Hoffa today. Wake up.

5habits100

Still waiting for my list of all the current administration accomplishments. I am sure the list is so long it is taking awhile. Lol! Meanwhile I'll sit on my back porch sipping tea and listening to the crickets chirp.
Saved YRC from hedge funds making money on them closing and thousands of union members being out of jobs. People like you would be happy about it so you could have something to be negative about the union.

710 steward

Hoffa saved that company from bankruptcy. What did you do in your 6 years?

Please!!!! Hoffa didn't save them from failure. He allowed concessions to make it easier for them to make it. What he didn't do is put a rider into their revised contract stating if management reinstated their old raises and bonuses the workers too would get higher wages and increased pension contributions. Now management at YRC is living like kings and 40 years of service gets a hourly a solid 10 year pension.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think it is you that is spewing garbage. Local 89 agreeing to 6 hour part-time employees with less than a full-time pension didn't come about because of Worldport expansion. The expansion of Worldport wasn't the cause of Local 89 agreeing and not fighting other issues prior to the negotiations you keep referencing. The reality is the PO wants to run for an IBT position again and that is why he started having issues 5 years ago. He got mad because he didn't get a spot on with Hoffa that's the real reason for the split. If he got a position he would be with Hoffa today. Wake up.
I went there.
I talked to the members.
Their issues were very much about Worldport expansion.
You are just another IBT spin doctor, likely another rebranded name changer.

They really are getting nervous...and they should be.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Saved YRC from hedge funds making money on them closing and thousands of union members being out of jobs. People like you would be happy about it so you could have something to be negative about the union.
Hoffa saved that company from bankruptcy. What did you do in your 6 years?
Hoffa allowed YRC to remain managerial top heavy.
This company did a terrible job when they merged.
At some point you have to call a bet.
You can't continue to fold or you will short in the game.
All this crap, YRC is going to go out of businees, UPS will not continue to provide health care, etc.
We have to make a stand at some point.

5habits100

Hoffa allowed YRC to remain managerial top heavy.
This company did a terrible job when they merged.
At some point you have to call a bet.
You can't continue to fold or you will short in the game.
All this crap, YRC is going to go out of businees, UPS will not continue to provide health care, etc.
We have to make a stand at some point.
It that what you were told to say???
Just in case you weren't told the members voted to save theirs jobs.
Twice
You must be smarter than them.
Go ahead with a come back poor leadership. We are all waiting

10 point

Maybe a litmus test would tell us more.

If Kelly praised Hoffa as "more of a businessman" than Carey then maybe giving the P-Z-S slate a shot at it would be worth the gamble.

Maybe Hoffa's successor slate personnel would be a good thing but they'll have to communicate much better than they did two yrs ago.
The "because I said so" attitude works with toddlers but not so well with people who pay for representation.

The sour feelings left over from this last TA isn't just because Union folks like to cry (as one Ohio BA told his local's members) but because of the total lack of respect for stewards and hourly members in the realm of being transparent.

5habits100

I went there.
I talked to the members.
Their issues were very much about Worldport expansion.
You are just another IBT spin doctor, likely another rebranded name changer.

They really are getting nervous...and they should be.
Nervous about what? There is nothing to be nervous about. This is comedy reading the same people making the same comments. Don't take my word for it look at this thread and see how many of the 1.4 are on it.keep up the good work Sybil

10 point

Twice
THAT'S funny.
What choice did they have?

How much was Harry's company paid to oversee YRC?

710 steward

Twice

Who votes themselves out of a job? Of course these hard working people were going to sacrifice to keep their families going.

FACT, Hoffa did not put a safe guard in their contract to protect them from being taken advantage of. Regardless what your next post is you can't argue against that. These folks didn't get a reward for helping save YRC but the executives did and now we all watch.