Before it's too late!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
10,000 new full time jobs were created.

Out of that 10,000....

How many do you think work (at least) 40 hours a week ?

*without begging to go home*

Ron Carey sold the private jets, dropped his own salary, and lowered dues.

Was lucky not to go to jail.... got permanently expelled from the Teamsters....

And has since passed on. (RIP)

Get over it.

-Bug-

Last edited:

710 steward

Out of that 10,000....

Get over it.

-Bug-

The first counter is irrelevant. Actually those 10 thousand were supposed to be newly created inside/combo jobs. Whether or not anyone begs to go home is not withing this discussion and way off point. Newly created jobs did in fact happen but who oversees the 10 grand and how does one really know that many were created?

The other is right on completely in addition to the person who first allowed the pension problem was in fact Ron Carey. This whole mess began under his watch. Fact my friends.

Ron Carey lives on

He was found innocent of all wrong doing in court. He was permanently expelled from the union cause he scared the zhit out of corporate America. Hoffa sr was also banned for ten years from union leadership by Nixon and Fitz. You know abosulutly nothing about Teamsters history, Junior plays ball with big business, collects our dues and acts like a labor leader on the Ed Shultz show. Hoffa jr isn't a pimple on Careys :censored2:. Senior is rolln over in his unmarked grave, looking at his fatazz son

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Carey inherited Pressor,Williams and Fitz complete raping of our pensions. He was rebuilding, until junior alligned with corporate America to oust him. I talked to Ron many times, he worked as a ups teamster, worked his way up from steward to IBT president. Junior's first union job was trying to keep Allen Dorfman from being indited.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Out of that 10,000....

Get over it.

-Bug-
I honestly don't have a clue what an employee wanting to go home hours only has to do with the 10,000 jobs created? Although, I agree that an employee should work his guaranteed hours and never go home hours only but that counterpoint really made no sense. I would expect much better from you b.u.g.. I guess everyone is entitled to an off day every once in awhile.

10 point

Out of that 10,000....

Get over it.

-Bug-
Hate to be the one to admit it but.....

One of our pt timers finally got a 22-3 job. Waited years for it.

Then, after a few months into it started "05ing" about every night.

I heard about it and he told me it was true, that he wanted to tuck his kids in (paraphrased) at night and basically didn't need all the hours.

We talked. He works 40 hrs/wk now.

Yes, BUG, sadly you are correct.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hate to be the one to admit it but.....

One of our pt timers finally got a 22-3 job. Waited years for it.

Then, after a few months into it started "05ing" about every night.

I heard about it and he told me it was true, that he wanted to tuck his kids in (paraphrased) at night and basically didn't need all the hours.

We talked. He works 40 hrs/wk now.

Yes, BUG, sadly you are correct.

Is this the same "mindset" that the company exploits with the bonus system in regards to package car drivers?
Leveraging time and money?

Irishman Collins

The ones that skip breaks and aren't on bonus really baffle me.

Can't fix stupid.
The ones that skip breaks and lunches are the ones the company has successfully harassed and beat down. These drivers in my mind would be the same kind of person that would be in prison and give into sexual assault and become someone's wife, if you get my meaning.

Ron Carey lives on

All good points on breaks, can we get back to electing a new IBT president in 2016, a lot of names have been thrown out, who is best for Ups members? Junior is definitely starting to worry about his legacy. Teamster Magazine can only spin so much. Teamsters. org can only spin so much? We as working teamsters feel the rug being pulled out from under us. I jave noticed Hoffa loyalists that I have to deal with in hearings and meetings, seem exhausted with trying to praise a concessinary contract

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

The ones that skip breaks and lunches are the ones the company has successfully harassed and beat down. These drivers in my mind would be the same kind of person that would be in prison and give into sexual assault and become someone's wife, if you get my meaning.

WOW!!! That's the analogy???? Stay classy San Diego. I'm guessing you skip break and dream of going to prison.

HBGPreloader

I will continue to remind people until the general election that we must vote for change before it's to late! Here are just a few of the highlights why change is our only option. 1. Reduced medical benefits in over half of the locals of the I.B.T. 2. One more step closer to a two tier wage scale for full timers ( every contract at least 1 more year of wage progression for new full timers is agreed to.) 3. Loss of holiday benefits, i.e. working the day after Thanksgiving ( language was suddenly reinterpreted to benefit U.P.S's needs). 4. The D.R.I.V.E. fund is failing. ( We continue to pump excessive amounts of money to politicians who turn their back on us when elected i.e. Barack Obama) 5. Our rights to vote on our respective area supplements was taken away. ( After continually voting down local 89's supplement and preparing to strike over it. 89's rights to vote on their supplement was ripped from them by the I.B.T. by a b.s. interpretation of the I.B.T. constitution.) Folks, we all need to wake up before everything is given away and our once great Union becomes to resemble the Food and Commercial Workers Union.
Just look at the last vote and I think it's safe to say it's already too late.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I honestly don't have a clue what an employee wanting to go home hours only has to do with the 10,000 jobs created? Although, I agree that an employee should work his guaranteed hours and never go home hours only but that counterpoint really made no sense.

It's an argument the company uses.

"Why create more full-time inside jobs, we can't get people who want to work 8 now."

My only point being, there are people who want a full-time inside job....

and watch (some) current ones, walk out every chance they get.

I would expect much better from you b.u.g.. I guess everyone is entitled to an off day every once in awhile.

It's tough being me.... :biggrin:

-Bug-