Being disqualified after 14 days??

F

Frankie's Friend

It's ridiculous anymore. Then they scratch their heads when the newbies quit.
We only have had two out of the last 7 not make it.
One was off the street and it was a dumpster fire. Worst I've ever seen. A supe recommended this clown for employment.

The other one was as slow working outside the building as he was inside.

The rest made it.

F

Frankie's Friend

@Gumby our area is extended and is mostly comprised of small town folks. They had a decent work ethic before they were hired.
4 yrs of pt time work lets them in on what's expected to drive.
We are fortunate here.

They just need to put them on the road when they qualify and quit screwing them for two yrs with layoffs.

SmithBarney

We only have had two out of the last 7 not make it.
One was off the street and it was a dumpster fire. Worst I've ever seen. A supe recommended this clown for employment.

The other one was as slow working outside the building as he was inside.

The rest made it.

Well it's an elite job, you have to have the mentality and fortitude to do this kind of work, unfortunately today's pool of eligible employees is shrinking(that and there are even more people applying since unemployment is so high) and you are getting anyone who wants to make a buck, unfortunately this line of work isn't for everyone. You'll find the vast majority(not all) of folks in this line of work, are former athletes, and go getters...

OP said "next time I'll go balls to the wall" guess what OP, it should have been "balls to the wall" this time, every time. This job isn't for slackers, the tough survive and stay.

Well it's an elite job, you have to have the mentality and fortitude to do this kind of work, unfortunately today's pool of eligible employees is shrinking(that and there are even more people applying since unemployment is so high) and you are getting anyone who wants to make a buck, unfortunately this line of work isn't for everyone. You'll find the vast majority(not all) of folks in this line of work, are former athletes, and go getters...

OP said "next time I'll go balls to the wall" guess what OP, it should have been "balls to the wall" this time, every time. This job isn't for slackers, the tough survive and stay.
Well said.

F

Frankie's Friend

To be honest I forgot that two years ago a really good employee disqualified himself from driving because the dispatcher gave him 8 hr+ days the second week he was trying to qualify.
The steward went to management furious about the newbies dispatch asking the pds "are you trying to get him to quit!?". The pds said the trainee was "getting it done" to which the steward replied "see how long it is before he has an avoidable accident or quits, whichever comes first".
Two days later the trainee disqualified himself.
We have children running the ship.