Best Gift You Recieved from A Customer This Peak

outta hours

Just wondering what the rest of ya'll got from your valued customers. For me it was the usual gift baskets, cash, bottles in a little purple bag, and lots of homemade goodies. I would have to say there was about a 25% increase in gifts this year. How about you?

browniehound

I only got 1 tip this peak. It was 25 bucks from this kinti-conti, to be polite. She can keep her 25 bucks, I'm not going to bend over backwards for her. She's not a pick-up account, yet leaves a note at another business to have us come and pick her up later and if I can't she'll call the center. At that time, the dispatcher will explain that scheduled pickups are provided to customers who actually pay for them. Hello Mcfly, is anybody home???? Think Mcfly, think. :confused:1 :confused:1 :confused:1

You want the service? Pay for it like everyone else does!

DS

Fenderbender
My best gift was that my biggest pickup moved.
3-5 skids of awkward 65 lb boxes every day.
After 7 years and a hemmorhoid operation
I`m glad to see them move on

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My gifts were down this year. The best one was a shipper who gave me a $50.00 Gift Card to a Steakhouse chain. I was surprised when a pain in the rear COD customer tipped me twenty bucks. I had a few boxes of candy and will probably get slipped a few twenties next week. When you are a residential driver, its not the same as a long time ago when I had a commercial route. I gave the steakhouse gift card to my Preloader, her husband has been out of work and they hadn't been out for a while. She hugged me and almost cried. I tipped my hardworking Helper of nine weeks a hundred bucks, the look on his face was priceless. I think I came out great.

fatherof4

I got a $25 card to big wally's. But the worst was my helper of three weeks went in on Friday to turn in his uniform and get his check and the clerk told him I have his check. Poor guy is going away for christmas and they lost his check. They sure didnt give it to me!! So I guess I got blamed for the loss. I gave him the 50 I had in my pocket, and the card.

30andout

Only one , same shipper for the past 21 years, gave me a Hickory Farms gift box but also a new wallet this year.

rushfan

$80 from an online shopping addict. You know, the person who is the only bulk stop in a residential area. She would order the biggest things from pottery barn, qvc, and hsn. The next day, she would use the ars label to ship everything back.

One of my customers has a catered lunch every Christmas eve, or Friday before Christmas. No, no cheap 6 foot subs, crappy finger foods...only the good stuff. That's one thing I can count on each year.

5th of Jack, I left it at the above catered lunch...although my wife could have used it to self medicate-after the long hours with the Kids these past 2 weeks.

Two gift boxes, some fine candy, and toys for my Kids.

I just do my job, and treat my customers well.

Last edited:

disneyworld

Just wondering what the rest of ya'll got from your valued customers. For me it was the usual gift baskets, cash, bottles in a little purple bag, and lots of homemade goodies. I would have to say there was about a 25% increase in gifts this year. How about you?
I had a customer run out of her house,hand me a card and say "You're not Dave". And took it back.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I had a customer run out of her house,hand me a card and say "You're not Dave". And took it back.

WOW

My Christmas bonus(as I call it) was pretty good, about $360 in cash, $140 in gift cards, a few boxes of chocolates,and cashews, only one bottle of Vodka this year, And ate 4 times during my day at company luncheons on my route!!!!:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

W

wyobill1956

I vowed not to volunteer my lunch hour to UPS this Christmas!
$40.00 X 20 days= $800.00 dollars.

M

mac

nothing my drivers are cheap pre-loaders should get tips from drivers (not telling me how good i loaded their trailer)

Ms Spoken

Christmas was very good on my route.. $100 cash from a pickup, $25 dollar gift card, Bath and Body (I guess I need to take a hint), the best gift was from a driver in my loop a candle & McD's coffee coupons what a great surprise. Merry Christmas everyone.

Bopple

I was a driver helper this year, so nothing from customers, but I got a pretty good junk of change from my driver. Thanks, dude. Now, UPS gave me a pretty lame gift: every driver helper here (coast - laguna hub in orange county) got a Best Buy gift card for $15. I thought that was pretty cool, then saw it listed as part of my salary. So, no problem, I don't mind paying the taxes on that. Then a closer look and I see a deduction of $15 from my paycheck!!! No friggin' gift, they just took $15 of my hard earned money and are forcing me to spend it at Best Buy.

Without a doubt, the lamest employer gift I've ever received from any company.

local804

nothing my drivers are cheap pre-loaders should get tips from drivers (not telling me how good i loaded their trailer)

Most drivers due tip their preloaders.
TIPS= To Insure Proper Service

Maybe you are just one of those throw it in loaders.

My guy got $140. 35 from each of us- He deserved it

wornoutupser

This may sound a little odd but some of the best gifts for me are the cards from my retired customers with a $5.00 bill inside.
I know that even a small amount is hard for them to do on a limited budget. This is a high retirement area here. It is a good feeling to get those!

cino321

I'm a preloader... I load 3 1000's... each guy gave me 100 bucks (ridicolously heavy loads though like almost 300 pieces each)... and this year just like last year I went out helping after preloading on the same route again and made 500 bucks in tips... christmas was ncie this year.

Lee Scott the CEO of Walmart gave me an '07 Bentley Continental GT convertible. Very generous indeed. I am very pleased to read how happy you all have made our customers. It's people such as yourselves that will keep us #1 for a very long time!

beentheredonethat

I was a driver helper this year, so nothing from customers, but I got a pretty good junk of change from my driver. Thanks, dude. Now, UPS gave me a pretty lame gift: every driver helper here (coast - laguna hub in orange county) got a Best Buy gift card for $15. I thought that was pretty cool, then saw it listed as part of my salary. So, no problem, I don't mind paying the taxes on that. Then a closer look and I see a deduction of $15 from my paycheck!!! No friggin' gift, they just took $15 of my hard earned money and are forcing me to spend it at Best Buy.

Without a doubt, the lamest employer gift I've ever received from any company.
Bopple, take another look at your paycheck. What you will see is that UPS did actually give you the gift card. If you had worked that week 20 hrs @ 10/hr (Note I realize probably more hrs and a diff pay rate, I did it for easy math). You should have grossed $200. But you should see a higher gross by at least $15. In some cases UPS has had the employee pay the tax so the gross is only $15. But in others, UPS has given you the $15 gift card as a net gift so they put in your pay approx $20 above the gross you should have recieved. Then the taxes were taken out leaving $15 net. Which they took away and gave it to you as a gift card. In some cases they may show some different line item to bring your gross higher, or they may have given you extra hours to get the extra money for gross. I did payroll a long time ago, and that's how we handled giving people extra money.