Best or Favorite Guitarist of all time. (On topic)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hendrix is the best. No one compares

Probably a bit before your time, but there was a band from Youngstown that used to play here quite a bit. The name was Glass Harp, and the guitarist was Phil Keaggy.

Although they never really hit it big, the band and Phil were among the best I have ever seen and heard.

Ask some old-timers around you if they remember them.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't know. Line up every guitarist named and ask them who the greatest ever and I'd bet Hendrix is by far the name at the top of the list.

I can kind of agree, but it's still subjective.

Hell, it depends on what kind of mood I'm in when listening to music.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
there are a ton of great guitar riffs

how about keith richards in satisfaction?

I read that the first heavy metal guitar riff was george harrison in ticket to ride. not sure if true but interesting. maybe just a dj's opinion.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I read that the first heavy metal guitar riff was george harrison in ticket to ride. not sure if true but interesting. maybe just a dj's opinion.

The only problem with your argument is, Keith only wants to play rhythm guitar, not lead.

Not to say he isn't one of the best rhythm players.

(And, Charlie Watts would rather play jazz than rock. He never thought the Stones would last.)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

One of my all time favorites, and you have to do some research, but Mick Taylor of the greatest band ever, is really good.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Favorite has to do with taste.

Best on the other hand...

If the answer is anything but Jimi Hendrix, I am genuinely surprised.
back in the late 70's some friends of mine and i went into Boston and watched a jimi Hendrix documentary film that just blew us away.

Can't remember the name of it but in some concert footage he seemed like a man possessed. you can see some short videos of it on you-tube.

been a great fan ever since. my favorite is voodoo child. play it full volume.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

this is a fun thread.

another great song is One Way Street by Aerosmith for some good guitar.

i'll be on you tube all night listening to these songs.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
back in the late 70's some friends of mine and i went into Boston and watched a jimi Hendrix documentary film that just blew us away.

Can't remember the name of it but in some concert footage he seemed like a man possessed. you can see some short videos of it on you-tube.

been a great fan ever since. my favorite is voodoo child. play it full volume.

How high were you?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Guy is amazing.

my favorite Neil Young albums are On the Beach and Harvest. Tonight the Night is right up there.

watched him a bunch of times in the Boston Garden back in the 70's. Great great shows. the garden was so full of pot smoke by the end of the concert the cops would have to go thru the crowd to get everyone to leave cause everyone so stoned to move.