Biden and the Radical Left

rickyb

definitely a radical communist

Seedling

@noname

·
10h

folks voted for biden as harm reduction but so far syria has been bombed, jackson mississippi is going on a month without water, he bombed somalia, deported thousands of haitians, rewarded police with $750m and named it after the man people died protesting for.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I’ll have to check in to it and watch a video of people doing it. I don’t know if this is something their company requires them to do or that is required for their job and isn’t safe based on what the company provides.
No clue at all.
Conductors have been mounting and dismounting moving equipment in switching operations and crew changes for over one hundred years. This practice became prohibited by all class 1 railroads about 20 years ago; until recently when CSX removed the prohibition (Under 5mph). This is to save time and fuel, especially since a crew change can be safely accomplished without dumping all the air to come to a complete stop. Then waiting almost 30 minutes to recharge the air lines across 100 cars.

In order to go in between train cars and “lace air“ (connect glad hands for brake lines) one must establish 3-step protection. The three steps are:

1) Reverser in neutral and removed if equipped

2) Throttle in idle

3) Field generator switch in open position: making it impossible for any electricity to move the wheels in the engine

Only after communicating with the engineer that 3-step is in effect can you go in between.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Conductors have been mounting and dismounting moving equipment in switching operations and crew changes for over one hundred years. This practice became prohibited by all class 1 railroads about 20 years ago; until recently when CSX removed the prohibition (Under 5mph). This is to save time and fuel, especially since a crew change can be safely accomplished without dumping all the air to come to a complete stop. Then waiting almost 30 minutes to recharge the air lines across 100 cars.

In order to go in between train cars and “lace air“ (connect glad hands for brake lines) one must establish 3-step protection. The three steps are:

1) Reverser in neutral and removed if equipped

2) Throttle in idle

3) Field generator switch in open position: making it impossible for any electricity to move the wheels in the engine

Only after communicating with the engineer that 3-step is in effect can you go in between.

Do you feel that is adequate to do the job safely?

rickyb

Do you feel that is adequate to do the job safely?
railways are dangerous and its because of equipment design and lackluster regulations.

for example id be on call to work from midnight to 8am. it was a battle to stay awake driving a truck for 8 hours like that. even though i have hte right ot say no, they can find another reason to fire me if i do which they wouldnt otherwise.

another example is theres not much gap between the platform you ride on the side and the wheels. if you were to slip who knows what could happen, which is why they tell you to get off cars with i forget which leg first.

another example is i used to go on road trips up the canyon. there was insufficient space between the canyon and the tracks should the train derail. many crews just fell to their deaths because of greed.

i also thought of something else. the whole mentality where ppl are expected to tough it out is just another excuse for conformity. its very profitable for the rich if u dont complain.

i know its hard to imagine zub, but injustice has been going on for a long time and ppl dont follow their best interest.