Biden Gets the Boot

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Jimmy Carter (1977-1981)​

President Jimmy Carter's presidency was also overshadowed by stagflation. He deregulated oil prices to spur domestic production. He also deregulated the trucking and airline industries while expanding the national park system. In 1979, Iranians took Americans hostage, causing the economy to contract.16

The problems came later in Carter's administration, when the economy fell into recession in January 1980 as he prepared to run for reelection. The combination of high inflation and high unemployment led to the use of the term "misery index" that combined those two readings, and helped to lead to his defeat.
Remember it well.
His economic moves helped Reagan's economy but spelled his demise.

refineryworker05

I hate this statement. NOBODY ever called Trump a racist until the Dems did when he got elected.
That statement has NO basis in fact.
You mean nobody you knew. I called trump racist when he adopted the racist birthism thing in the early 2010’s, some people called trump racist after he took out a full page add in the nytimes calling to bring back the death penalty so they could kill those falsely convicted black and brown teenagers of rape in the Central Park rape case. And some people called trump racist after he was proven to be guilty by the department of justice of racial discrimination against black tenants in his father’s apartments.

refineryworker05

I hate this statement. NOBODY ever called Trump a racist until the Dems did when he got elected.
That statement has NO basis in fact.
Plus trump as president told elected congresswomen to go back to where they came from. That’s as racist as it gets. He said that a judge couldn’t judge his case fairly because he was Mexican. He called Haiti and African nations crap hole countries and said we shouldn’t take immigrants from those places. He wanted to ban Muslims from coming into this nation, he called Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals. He wanted to highlight crimes committed by Mexican immigrants. That’s as racist as it gets as well. Right now he is saying majority or plurality black cities like Atlanta, Detroit and Philadelphia stole the election from him. Like the mfer is as explicitly racist as one can get.

refineryworker05

Jimmy Carter (1977-1981)​

President Jimmy Carter's presidency was also overshadowed by stagflation. He deregulated oil prices to spur domestic production. He also deregulated the trucking and airline industries while expanding the national park system. In 1979, Iranians took Americans hostage, causing the economy to contract.16

The problems came later in Carter's administration, when the economy fell into recession in January 1980 as he prepared to run for reelection. The combination of high inflation and high unemployment led to the use of the term "misery index" that combined those two readings, and helped to lead to his defeat.
The recession ended before the election. I mean. I have no idea what’s the point of pretending. There was no official recession when Reagan was elected. And the us economy fell into another recession after he was elected.

newfie

No there was no recession when Reagan was elected. The government defines a recession. I don’t. And according to the government the us economy was not in a recession when Reagan was elected.
i just proved to you that there was a recession that resulted in carter losing the election. you cant rewrite history to suit your political needs.

vantexan

I know when Reagan was elected. And you can blame carter. I dont care. But there was no recession when Reagan was elected. That’s an objective fact. Another recession started in 1981 after Reagan was elected. Plus I was a kid and my dad never really talked politics, I didn’t know who the friend Reagan was, but I remember after he won my dad said the economy was about to get worst, and I lived in a place that depended on the steel mills in Chicago and northwest Indiana. Every man in my family at least on my mother’s side worked and also my father worked for inland steel mill, not long after Reagan got elected inland steel mill cratered and never recovered.
Yes Reagan did so badly that he won in a landslide in '84. People were so angry with him they showed him what's what by voting for him. That'll show him!

refineryworker05

i just proved to you that there was a recession that resulted in carter losing the election. you cant rewrite history to suit your political needs.
You didn’t prove anything that disputes what I posted. There was no recession when Reagan was elected. The recession 1980 ended before the election, and once Reagan was sworn in, another recession started after he was president. This is objective reality.

refineryworker05

you're completely fabricating now
No, you are not dealing with reality. There was no recession when Reagan was elected. The recession in 1980 ended before the election. And another recession started in 1981 after Reagan was inaugurated as potus. This is objective reality.

refineryworker05

Yes Reagan did so badly that he won in a landslide in '84. People were so angry with him they showed him what's what by voting for him. That'll show him!
Again what does that have to do with my point? I posted that the recession under Reagan started in 1981 and ended in 1982. That means there was no recession in 1984. But my point still stands that in my lifetime every Republican president the last four have presided over a recession while they were president. A recession they didn’t inherit from their predecessor, but a recession that began after they were inaugurated. And it is indeed the truth.

vantexan

Again what does that have to do with my point? I posted that the recession under Reagan started in 1981 and ended in 1982. That means there was no recession in 1984. But my point still stands that in my lifetime every Republican president the last four have presided over a recession while they were president. A recession they didn’t inherit from their predecessor, but a recession that began after they were inaugurated. And it is indeed the truth.
Was already demonstrated by another poster that the recession started under Carter. Reagan's policies led us out of it. So much so that even Democrats voted in droves for him in '84. You keep saying Republican presidents do horribly. If that were so Reagan would've lost in '84. And Trump did great until the virus hit and it's his policies that would lead us out of this mess. But no, y'all wanted Biden. Good luck with that.

newfie

You didn’t prove anything that disputes what I posted. There was no recession when Reagan was elected. The recession 1980 ended before the election, and once Reagan was sworn in, another recession started after he was president. This is objective reality.

tell that to carter who lost the election due to his recessionary economy.

newfie

No, you are not dealing with reality. There was no recession when Reagan was elected. The recession in 1980 ended before the election. And another recession started in 1981 after Reagan was inaugurated as potus. This is objective reality.
carter says no . go argue with him