Bill Cosby on topic

Do you think he is guilty?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrownArmy

Don't forget, for most of these accusers, the statute of limitations has passed, meaning they couldn't get any money anyway.

Think about that - they're dragging their names into the spotlight with everything that involves, to give some more weight to the allegations, with no possible recourse.

Fifty-one women, with remarkably similar stories - guy is guilty as heck.

bbsam

Staff member
Reasonable doubt. Her relationship with Cosby sure seemed to imply a tryst going on. Did he do it? Probably. I wouldn't understand a conviction given all the circumstances and narrow scope of the case.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
ZgGrSKT.jpg

BrownArmy

The other aspect of this particular trial is that the judge only let one other accuser testify.

Let's pretend the jury never heard anything about the case...it goes to trial, the jury has the prosecution and one other corroborating account, when in reality, there were dozens of corrorborating accounts.

DA says they'll retry the case.

bbsam

Staff member
The other aspect of this particular trial is that the judge only let one other accuser testify.

Let's pretend the jury never heard anything about the case...it goes to trial, the jury has the prosecution and one other corroborating account, when in reality, there were dozens of corrorborating accounts.

That's hardly fair. None of those even have a conviction to them. This case has to be won on its own merits, not on merits of cases that can't even be brought to trial.

Indecisi0n

I believe that statute of limitations was up on the other cases so they can't be heard.

BrownArmy

That's hardly fair. None of those even have a conviction to them. This case has to be won on its own merits, not on merits of cases that can't even be brought to trial.

The judge made a decision - he decided only one other accuser could testify.

I guess I agree with you, but, damn, the jury didn't know all the details, and yes, the case needs to be won on the merits.

What if the 'merits' include the fact that fifty women accused Cosby?

See what I mean?

bbsam

Staff member
The judge made a decision - he decided only one other accuser could testify.

I guess I agree with you, but, damn, the jury didn't know all the details, and yes, the case needs to be won on the merits.

What if the 'merits' include the fact that fifty women accused Cosby?

See what I mean?
No I don't. What if all 50 have similar mitigating factors to their stories? What if all look like perhaps they were consensual? You simply can't let in the 50 accusations without the facts that may exonerate. And I'm sure the jury had heard of the other accusations.

For what it's worth, I'm so incredibly disappointed in Cosby. He really was one of my heroes growing up and even if every one of the times he cheated on Camille was 100% consensual l, he's still a piece of crap.

BrownArmy

No I don't. What if all 50 have similar mitigating factors to their stories? What if all look like perhaps they were consensual? You simply can't let in the 50 accusations without the facts that may exonerate. And I'm sure the jury had heard of the other accusations.

For what it's worth, I'm so incredibly disappointed in Cosby. He really was one of my heroes growing up and even if every one of the times he cheated on Camille was 100% consensual l, he's still a piece of crap.

I guess.

As per my previous comments, it seems clear to me that the other accusers came forward of their own volition, with no possible recourse, just to chime in, so to speak.

In either case, is it your assertion that fifty women have similar stories...for what?

For what purpose?

Come on, this guy seems like an abuser.

Yes, I liked the 'Cosby Show': who didn't.

Doesn't mean he isn't a mess.

And I agree with you - even if every single one of the fifty drugged women consented to be drugged (unlikely), Cosby was still an abuser, and Camille bore the brunt.

Yet, I'm pretty sure the other women had it worse than Camille.

Either way, Cosby is a :censored2:.