Bin Laden

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I believe releasing the photo is a mistake. While I do not need any further proof that he is dead, mainly because I have a family member in the navy and he sent me a message on facebook after the mission was completed and thats all i need.

The reason the photo should not be released is because it will used in the wrong ways. Immediately, there will be profiteering from the photo. Tshirts will be sold on street corners and swap meets with this image on it and that kind of imagery will only cause this country embarrassment. People will use this photo improperly on the internet, and some will photo shop it and exploit it on internet sites.

There should be no profiteering on the image and we should be respectful giving the circumstances that we technically murdered him without a trial or EVER charging him with a crime. He was NEVER charge with any crimes during the clinton administration or BUSH administrations. If you check the FBI sites, Usama was only wanted for questioning and not charged with any crimes for 911.

We should accept that he is dead, celebrate the success of our country, continue the fight on extremist, but keep the celebratory rhetoric to a minimum.. If we allow the image to be exploited, it will only be a matter of time before some high ranking person of our country is captured, exploited, killed gruesomely and placed on the world screen for all to see with people dancing in the street.

Remember, what ever goes around, comes around.

Peace.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I have mixed feelings regarding whether or not to release pictures of Osama's corpse.

On the one hand, it is undignified and morbid. We gave him a .45 caliber lobotomy, and the reports I have read say that the photo itself is grotesque. It will inflame world opinion against us even more.
I agree and worry that there will be retalation already and we dont need to make thinks even worse.

On the other hand, there is enough doubt out there that we sort of owe it to the world at large to prove beyond a doubt that he truly is dead.
There will always be doubt when there are some secrets or evidence that needs to be covered up for security reasons. Just look at past issues like JFK and Obama's BC.

Perhaps a middle ground might be to release the DNA evidence publicly, and set up an impartial group of credible people who all sides could trust to view the photo. The group could include leaders from countries such as Iran and Syria that dont like us very much, as well as neutral countries, who would have no motivation whatsoever to lie on our behalf. That way we cant be accused of hiding anything. The members of the group could all view the photo and then report to the media what they saw. Otherwise, the day the photo gets released some jackass will start selling Tshirts with Osamas blown-up head on them.
Excellent points and i could see street vendors and Ebay T-shirts selling like hotcakes. Now if we send a pic to Iran's Amajheed with a note that says "this could be you in the near future"...LOL

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard that Osama is the english translation of the arabic Usama.
I'm a bit suspicious of that at sea burial too. I would have preferred bringing the carcass back here, cremation, ashes in an urn, placed in a significantly large drain pipe used to plumb a large public urinal placed near ground zero. But I'm not bitter at all.

Since you're
not bitter....they could've buried him on a 'purdy' pig farm .....with some bacon wrapped in that white sheet with him....but I'm not bitter either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am just happy that he finally discovered that there was not seventy virgins just a team of Navy Seals that ended his miserable life.

Politics do not belong to this discussion.

Congrats to all of the brave men and women of America's Armed Services. I will also say a prayer today for the thousand who have died because of Bin Laden's hate.
The Vegas paper said he tried to use one of his wives as a shield.....a coward is as bad as a pig in the muslim world.

moreluck

golden ticket member
From what I read this morning one of his senior officials was careless while using the phone and we were able to determine his location by following a courier to the mansion.
Mansion is a bit of a stretch......did you see the pics? The inside was a garbage heap too.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
man ol man MORELUCK, you had to make this political...

Ima think about this one for a bit before I demonstrate how GW BUSH failed this country with respect to Bin Laden. YOu have to know its going to be laden (no pun intented) with military facts from 2002 through 2008. Let me think before I jump in. I was happy to celebrate with the others as an individual, but It may be time to break out the facts.

Ill get back ya.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
man ol man MORELUCK, you had to make this political...

Ima think about this one for a bit before I demonstrate how GW BUSH failed this country with respect to Bin Laden. YOu have to know its going to be laden (no pun intented) with military facts from 2002 through 2008. Let me think before I jump in. I was happy to celebrate with the others as an individual, but It may be time to break out the facts.

Ill get back ya.

Peace.
Don't bother, I won't read your tome. I give an opinion, you can take it or leave it. ......but you won't change it. You just like to hear yourself preach.

klein

Für Meno :)
I only wished the US would have killed him 2 days earlier. (or did they wait) ?

Wasted too much time seeing the Royal Wedding !
Just think if that occurance would have been the same day.....

Nimnim

The Nim
I only wished the US would have killed him 2 days earlier. (or did they wait) ?

Wasted too much time seeing the Royal Wedding !
Just think if that occurance would have been the same day.....

Last I heard the weather pushed it back, but then again that story might have changed by now.

I gotta wonder with you what would have happened if Obama interrupted the coverage of the wedding to announce this.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Don't bother, I won't read your tome. I give an opinion, you can take it or leave it. ......but you won't change it. You just like to hear yourself preach.

I told you i would think about it,,, I know you will avoid it like all the other facts that seem to "whizz" right by. Still thinking,

Peace.