Black 16 year old shot and killed while trying to murder another girl in Columbus OH

oldngray

nowhere special
I wouldn’t of been confident enough to fire 4 times with the victim so nearby. I would of only shot once, especially considering I’m not the one in danger and if I hit the victim I’m in trouble.

He did a nice job though, that was a quick and deadly reaction to a spiraling situation that ended in the death of the aggressor with a knife.
That jumped out at me too. Very good shooting under the stress of the situation but could have been a disaster if he accidentally shot a bystander.

Box Ox

No doubt one officer decided to fire four times.
Good way to make sure the knife attack stops before the blade is plunged into the victim. One shot won't typically send a bad guy/woman flying 20 feet and through 4 plate glass windows like it does in Hollywood movies.

I wouldn’t of been confident enough to fire 4 times with the victim so nearby.
A big looking target on a body cam is probably an even bigger one IRL.

El Correcto

god is dead
Good way to make sure the knife attack stops before the blade is plunged into the victim. One shot won't typically send a bad guy/woman flying 20 feet and through 4 plate glass windows like it does in Hollywood movies.

I guess you don’t got to be Annie Oakley to hit a land whale from 3 feet away 4 times, but it still take confidence in your ability to fire that many shots with an innocent person in the mix, either that or recklessness.

Tyrone Slothrop

Once again, did she disarm her attackers, or was she the aggressor? I see conflicting statements, and I'm not so biased as to jump to conclusions on a body cam video. What happened before?

There are a lot of troubled youth in America, some even have felony amounts of drugs in the home they live in with mommy.

Box Ox

I guess you don’t got to be Annie Oakley to hit a land whale from 3 feet away 4 times, but it still take confidence in your ability to fire that many shots with an innocent person in the mix, either that or recklessness.

Oh for sure. I could never do the job myself. The stakes are way too high.

Once again, did she disarm her attackers, or was she the aggressor?

This is what the officer saw when he walked up. It was all that mattered in that moment.

El Correcto

god is dead
Once again, did she disarm her attackers, or was she the aggressor? I see conflicting statements, and I'm not so biased as to jump to conclusions on a body cam video. What happened before?

There are a lot of troubled youth in America, some even have felony amounts of drugs in the home they live in with mommy.
It doesn’t matter when you are trying to stab someone the officer watched walking away from the situation unarmed.
Once law enforcement is involved you need to present yourself as peaceful and cooperative or you could face deadly consequences if they feel you are danger to someone’s life.

SLW

Similar to what the traditional Right did with the Chauvin case, I've likewise seen a lot of the traditional Left wisely back off on this particular case after the video came out. Woke libs, not so much.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
also why call the police to come shoot someone when they are wielding a knife attacking people. Handle that * yourself, you don’t allow that to go on.
Well, after all, it’s not Chicago. Not everyone in Columbus can buy or steal a gun so they can bring it to a knife fight.

oldngray

nowhere special
Well, after all, it’s not Chicago. Not everyone in Columbus can buy or steal a gun so they can bring it to a knife fight.
Columbus isn't a Chicago but trying its hardest to catch up

El Correcto

god is dead
You ever had your jaw broken in two place from getting hit by a bigger man or witness someone get sliced and stabbed?
I have.
I bought a gun to prevent that from ever happening around me while going about my law biding life. I suggest everyone do the same.

rickyb

You ever had your jaw broken in two place from getting hit by a bigger man or witness someone get sliced and stabbed?
I have.
I bought a gun to prevent that from ever happening around me while going about my law biding life. I suggest everyone do the same.
why did you witness that?