Black Friday

browntroll

was finally told today that i work black friday, if i call in sick i will be on managements :censored2: list.
i laughed at sup and told him that would be a compliment to the list i'm probably already on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We have to work both the day before and after unless already scheduled for the day off.

OTS posted a letter from corporate stating that UPS will not pay holiday pay to anyone who "bangs in" on Black Friday, regardless of whether they worked on Wednesday or not.
I'm assuming you meant TOS?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The break in period is 30 days and this isn't a huge thing, it's something I was curious about.

Also, I don't think not calling in for 2 months garners any kind of favor, I just mentioned that to show I have no occurrences and this would be my first time calling in So that's an incorrect assumption.
I do apologize for the misunderstanding although I'm curious as to why you would add that you haven't called in. It's unnecessary information and since you didn't explain it me and quite a few others it seems followed the context of your post. Not blaming, just showing you why I anyways went where I went. Good luck, oh and I'm pretty sure that if you take the day off without it being scheduled or being sick, your holiday pay is forfeit. Check with your supervisor.

sortaisle

Whereas I kind of agree with you, how can you say it so matter of fact that it IS here to stay, not that it MAY be here to stay.

Does your crystal ball have the upcoming mega millions numbers?
I agree with Upstate. WalMart has given the green light for all their stores to match or beat Amazon's prices. We're going to be super :censored2:ed until 3D printers or Star Trek like teleporters make us obsolete.

sortaisle

Make sure you demand your 4 or 8 hours on black friday. If they want everyone, they should be getting everyone whether they need them or not.
Oh for sure. This isn't an optional day, it's required. Although in my supplement I can only demand 3 1/2. I'm sure I'll get at least...9 hours though. I'll do a route and then be required to park package cars (my day job) since our building isn't large enough that all drivers can park when they show up. Easy money and a good way to work off some stuffing and taters!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When working Green Friday take your time and make sure you follow all methods. Half mile driveway? Walk it off. Business on the third floor that you know is closed? Leave an info notice. It would also be a good day to do some driver marketing at the few businesses that are open. Most importantly be safe and work safe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When working Green Friday take your time and make sure you follow all methods. Half mile driveway? Walk it off. Business on the third floor that you know is closed? Leave an info notice. It would also be a good day to do some driver marketing at the few businesses that are open. Most importantly be safe and work safe.

It sounds to me as though you are under the impression that it will be a light day.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It sounds to me as though you are under the impression that it will be a light day.
I don't know what to expect. I am just ticked we are being FORCED to work rather than volunteer. It will be a day of extremes depending on your management team. If they are number crunchers they will cut loads and send everybody out heavy. If they are decent then it will be all hands on deck and we will all have a light day. All I can say is if there is one person with less seniority sent home instead of me, I may file my first grievance.