Black Lives Matter? Not to Planned Parenthood

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't remember that exact statement but that was the norm for her.
She would have done well in Nazi Germany.

Quotes
The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.

A free race cannot be born of slave mothers.

When motherhood becomes the fruit of a deep yearning, not the result of ignorance or accident, its children will become the foundation of a new race.
I see nothing wrong with any of that, if you read it in context.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I see nothing wrong with any of that, if you read it in context.
Do you realize she was a strong supporter of negative Eugenics?
She believed that anyone descended from slaves were inferior and needed to be culled from the human race.

Eugenics (/juːˈdʒɛnɪks/; from Greek εὐγενής eugenes "well-born" from εὖ eu, "good, well" and γένος genos, "race, stock, kin")[2][3] is a set of beliefs and practices that aims at improving the genetic quality of a group of individuals.[4][5] The exact definition of eugenics has been a matter of debate since the term was coined.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
She believed that anyone descended from slaves were inferior and needed to be culled from the human race.

Eugenics (/juːˈdʒɛnɪks/; from Greek εὐγενής eugenes "well-born" from εὖ eu, "good, well" and γένος genos, "race, stock, kin")[2][3] is a set of beliefs and practices that aims at improving the genetic quality of a group of individuals.[4][5] The exact definition of eugenics has been a matter of debate since the term was coined.
Definitely half true.
Eugenics and racism do not necessarily go hand in hand.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Nothing 'creative' about it @DriveInDriveOut.
Those are her words ... maybe those words meant something different in the early 1900's but I don't think so.
She was a bit of a pariah after WWII because her beliefs in Negative Eugenics. She was more of an advocate for birth control ... not abortion.

She is celebrated for her work and advancement of reproductive rights.

She's not a bad person ... negative eugenics was a fairly accepted movement prior to the Nazis.
She died before Planned Parenthood performed their first abortion so abortion is a red herring when applied to her.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You post this:
And then say this:
Nothing 'creative' about it @DriveInDriveOut.
Those are her words ... maybe those words meant something different in the early 1900's but I don't think so.
Which part of your post were "her words"?
Are you saying she talked about herself in the third person? You guys sure do use a creative meaning of quote and "her words"

Bottom line is you're just making "quotes" up to fit your narrative. Or just being gullible and falling for someone else's narrative, I haven't decided which yet.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Definitely half true.
Eugenics and racism do not necessarily go hand in hand.
OK ... I agree with Eugenics but she was an advocate of Negative Eugenics.

I think you are not listening and come with into the argument with confirmation bias as I probably do too.
I was very liberal person when I first came across her writings back in the 70's.
  • She was not an advocate of abortion.
  • She is the most important person in the US in regards to birth control.
  • She wrote pamphlets that contain 'negative eugenics' thoughts.
  • She supported the idea that the human race could be advanced by the prevention of pregnancies in undesirable peoples.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't remember that exact statement but that was the norm for her.
She would have done well in Nazi Germany.

Quotes
The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.

When motherhood becomes the fruit of a deep yearning, not the result of ignorance or accident, its children will become the foundation of a new race.

You post this:

And then say this:

Which part of your post were "her words"?
Are you saying she talked about herself in the third person? You guys sure do use a creative meaning of quote and "her words"

Bottom line is you're just making "quotes" up to fit your narrative. Or just being gullible and falling for someone else's narrative, I haven't decided which yet.
The words you left out were her words ... nice try but that was too easy.
I quoted my post and I copied them again for you ...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The words you left out were her words ... nice try but that was too easy.
I quoted my post and I copied them again for you ...

I'm really struggling to find something racist about the quotes like you claim.

Maybe you can fill me in.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OK ... I forgot that we are in Current Events where lies and obfuscation abound.
Enough of Margaret Sanger since she is irrelevant anyway.
She died before PP performed it's first abortion so she is irrelevant to the abortion discussion.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm really struggling to find something racist about the quotes like you claim.

Maybe you can fill me in.
I'm not talking about racism ... I was talking about negative eugenics.

I figured you would look it up but it appears not ... so one more reference to understand what 'negative eugenics' encompasses.
EUGENICS <--- this is a link
the study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population, especially by such means as discouraging reproduction by persons having genetic defects or presumed to have inheritable undesirable traits (negative eugenics) or encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have
inheritable desirable traits (positive eugenics)

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
IMG_2396.GIF

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Lulz. You started a troll thread then get your panties in a wad when someone plays with you. Amateur.
I am new to this fun game but I thought you were serious when you were defending Sanger's 'negative eugenics' ideas. I think I was so shocked, some 45 years ago when I discovered her writings, it still offends me today.
Sometimes I fall back into my old way of thinking like '@rickyb' clings to.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've never met a Liberal that did not object to it ... I still perceive a strong hint of unspoken racism in eliminating "undesirable" members of the human race.
If you see nothing wrong with that then OK ... I'm sure you and @Baba gounj can have a nice discussion about it.
I see nothing wrong with voluntary negative eugenics. If you're talking about forced or coercive that's a different thing altogether. Seems to me eugenics is a broad term, not well defined and open to interpretation.