Blessed but with heavy sacrifices

Integrity

Binge Poster
Face it..."It was a concession on a sell out contract"
The way I see it was a more concession(appeasement) to existing Package Car Drivers wants than to the Company.

I think the company would prefer part-time PVD APP based service to handle the work the regular package car drivers just don’t want with the flexibility in scheduling that regular package cars just don’t want to offer.

This IMO would be disastrous to the Full-Time Pension.

Reality check: With delivery companies moving to 7 day delivery it is impossible to maintain a strictly M-friend work week.

I felt the best solution was to concede the M-friend work week for all new package cars drivers. While keeping everything else equivalent amongst the Package Car Classification. Similar to how the “night differential” was gradually eliminated.

Most thought it was not a good idea but I still think it probably would have been easier to enforce and harder to abuse.

IMO The 22.4 is good in principle, unfortunately it has significant issues with enforcement and application.

@DELACROIX ,

Were you involved in negotiations for that contract?

I was.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
The management of this company lacks integrity.

This company wouldn’t suck if the management followed the organization’s policies, ideals, and core values.

It does suck that they have no integrity.
Yes union brother I’m sorry, I agree with you %100 ..
🧔‍♂️✊

Commercial Inside Release

The management of this company lacks integrity.

This company wouldn’t suck if the management followed the organization’s policies, ideals, and core values.
The company policies, ideals, and values were just made up to put something that sounds nice.

UPS really is the epitome of hell, only instead of shovelling the damned into an inferno, you're moving boxes. All management are the devil's hobgoblins.

qdg2

The company policies, ideals, and values were just made up to put something that sounds nice.

UPS really is the epitome of hell, only instead of shovelling the damned into an inferno, you're moving boxes. All management are the devil's hobgoblins.
This is so jaded.....

Way back when......the policy book meant something......military style discipline and appearance.

Service above all. It was that way. And they meant it.

Today's woke culture.....no way.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
This is so jaded.....

Way back when......the policy book meant something......military style discipline and appearance.

If my management team doesn’t care about how they do their jobs why should I?
🧔‍♂️✊

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The way I see it was a more concession(appeasement) to existing Package Car Drivers wants than to the Company.

I think the company would prefer part-time PVD APP based service to handle the work the regular package car drivers just don’t want with the flexibility in scheduling that regular package cars just don’t want to offer.

This IMO would be disastrous to the Full-Time Pension.

Reality check: With delivery companies moving to 7 day delivery it is impossible to maintain a strictly M-friend work week.

I felt the best solution was to concede the M-friend work week for all new package cars drivers. While keeping everything else equivalent amongst the Package Car Classification. Similar to how the “night differential” was gradually eliminated.

Most thought it was not a good idea but I still think it probably would have been easier to enforce and harder to abuse.

IMO The 22.4 is good in principle, unfortunately it has significant issues with enforcement and application.

@DELACROIX ,

Were you involved in negotiations for that contract?

I was.

Never invited..didn’t get the privilege...

Couldn’t they have reduced excessive Overtime and run a 7 day operation without creating a new inferior two tier driving classification with the existing RPCD’s ?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Never invited..didn’t get the privilege...

Couldn’t they have reduced excessive Overtime and run a 7 day operation without creating a new inferior two tier driving classification with the existing RPCD’s ?
That’s too bad. I learned a lot about what actually goes on in negotiations.

As I stated;My suggested solution was to concede the M-friend work week for all new package cars drivers. While keeping everything else equivalent amongst the Package Car Classification. Similar to how the “night differential” was gradually eliminated.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is so jaded.....

If you’re going to make those kind of acquisitions
Let’s see some
Credentials

nancyg

greetings to everyone in brown, and in my case, who’s down with brown and married to UPS through a committed spouse.
I’m grateful to have this platform to possibly gain clarification and support through this lifestyle of a family. I apologize, in advance, if I ask questions or have concerns that may possibly overstep boundaries. If I do please respectfully inform me and just know that I am going on two years of being married to UPS through my husband. I don’t know UPS that well so you can understand how my marriage is shifting closer and closer to not existing.

I was hoping to get help understanding some major issues that are frustrating both him and I and him trying to explain it to me frustrates the situation even more to the point where we don’t talk about anything but his work day because we’re not really talking about the issues that his work is causing.

Here is a super fresh, still warm to the touch, problem with no solution… Yet. My husband started out as a 224 I believe or something like that and we went through that first year of just utter bowing down to the demands of UPS and having no life and having no schedule and was also during the Covid shut down and my industry was nonexistent so we were basically pulled in opposite directions as far as having a life together because I was at home going crazy wanting to work and he was constantly working and not at home much. That situation alone opens doors for a lot of other issues that maybe I will ask about later. For now The most pressing question I have is …
What is the solution, or a process, to holding UPS responsible for completely ignoring the needs of their workers and families, other than the need for money and benefits? Why is not having a controlled climate in a vehicle that is operated in physically exhausting circumstances not important to UPS? Why is the mental health of the workers who are out there literally melting and baking all day long and returning home so tired and sore that they can’t make love to their wives or go play with the kids outside important to UPS? Why is not having two full back to back days at home to balance work and home life not important to UPS? Why is it that a contract can never be committed to but UPS expects their workers to be committed to the company? Does this get any better or is this just what everyone puts up with? My husband has worked very hard to get to be a Monday through Friday driver but he is being bullied and threatens to working on Saturdays and I wouldn’t even know that there was a union supporting any of the stuff that is always changing and is never what he supposed to be doing. It just seems like a lot of empty promises and nothing can ever be planned in our life ever. Tomorrow we had made plans to do something very very important for our relationship and now we can’t do it because he was threatened by his supervisor that if anyone called out tomorrow which is supposed to be a day off anyway that they would be terminated immediately. UPS is ruining my marriage and my family is not a family. What we thought it was going to be such a huge blessing, and it has been monetarily and financially for sure, has been at a cost of so many things we’ve had to sacrifice that now we have nothing left to sacrifice to UPS. How much more does UPS take before they actually give?
You sound very young. Be grateful for a husband who is providing for his family. Take care of the home and stop whining. My husband ran his own business for years and took very good care of us. I always drove a new car and my children had everything they needed and more. I appreciated what little time we had together and never ever nagged about his working hours. 42 years later we are both retired/ (me with my UPS pension) Life is good.