Blessed but with heavy sacrifices

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You sound very young. Be grateful for a husband who is providing for his family. Take care of the home and stop whining. My husband ran his own business for years and took very good care of us. I always drove a new car and my children had everything they needed and more. I appreciated what little time we had together and never ever nagged about his working hours. 42 years later we are both retired/ (me with my UPS pension) Life is good.

I am presuming that you retired as a manager under the UPS Retirement Plan...Does anybody know about the statistics of Women that ever reached the level of a full retirement at UPS, particularly if they are UNION.

It is well documented on the bias and discriminatory nature of our pension benefits...One person gets this, another one that according to what region or conference they are under. The fact is that our negotiators have for decades left members behind by failing to address or even stand up to the Company when they blatantly violate the Contract on Pension Contributions or improvements. The Company sees this and acts accordingly all the while pointing to our negotiators and secretly laughing at them in their board meeting for their hypocrisy or perceived stupidity.

Taking the moral high ground has become passe... now we are in a society where anything goes if you can get by with it and if caught hire the best law firm around and find an out. When the Union appears to permits discriminatory practices against any of their membership the Company will start abusing those members till the Union Leadership says "NO" and show some intestinal fortitude or start drawing a line.

What is really needed with this Contract is a 25 and out any age with a minimum of 3,000...some Conference already have that and better. I am pointing to the Central and Southerns' IBT/UPS pension service (25 any age) formula that has not been improved on since it's inception in 2008...2,000 a month..before the health and welfare payments of 200 or 400. So for 25 years of full time service you will take home roughly 1,300 a month after your Healthcare expenditure and taxes... Live off of that with no COLA in place or healthcare before age 55....Good Luck...

Another issue is the part timer's pension plan under again the Central and Southern...benefits stop at 35 years no improvements after that even if you retire with 50 years of service. Their service levels benefit formula is even more pathetic than the IBT/UPS full timers plan, while meanwhile the Company is holding on to their part time service credits and paying peanuts for those vested years.

Maybe it is a "Private Understanding" between the Company and the past Union Leadership that both parties do not want a decent early out pension formula for their employees or members. More money coming in less going out to cover pension and Health and Welfare coverages...sort of makes sense...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What is really needed with this Contract is a 25 and out any age with a minimum of 3,000...some Conference already have that and better. I am pointing to the Central and Southerns' IBT/UPS pension service (25 any age) formula that has not been improved on since it's inception in 2008...2,000 a month..before the health and welfare payments of 200 or 400. So for 25 years of full time service you will take home roughly 1,300 a month after your Healthcare expenditure and taxes... Live off of that with no COLA in place or healthcare before age 55....Good Luck...

While I agree that would be nice, it would take a sizable contribution from the company.

I doubt any pension plan could sustain that sort of payout for any length of time. The numbers are derived

from what their actuaries have advised them what a sustainable payout would be.

DELACROIX

While I agree that would be nice, it would take a sizable contribution from the company.

I doubt any pension plan could sustain that sort of payout for any length of time. The numbers are derived

from what their actuaries have advised them what a sustainable payout would be.

Then why is the Western Peer 80 and Peer 84 pension plans paying out to their current retirees over twice as much as those under the IBT/UPS plan?

Answer this: Is the company contributing monetary the same amount as the West for those members under the IBT/ UPS and the UPS Pension Plan for part timers ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Then why is the West paying out to tariffs retirees
over twice as much under Peer 80 and Peer 84?

Answer this: Is the company contributing monetary the same amount as the West for those members under the IBT/ UPS and the UPS Pension Plan for part timers ?

I know very little (if anything) about the Western Plan....

DELACROIX

I know very little (if anything) about the Western Plan....

So you cannot answer that question?

I am not being disrespectful...You have been faithfully on this site helping our members when other Union Officials have remained silent. For that alone you deserve to be listened to.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1667700775496.png

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
My wife and I split up years ago and eventually got back together. My time at work really got to her (as we had young kids). She didn't care about my hours working before kids and now that the kids are (somewhat) older she tells me to go make the money when I text her it's going to be a late night. Being separated it really made us appreciate what the other did for each other that we neglected in the first place. Now we're stronger than we've ever been.

The point of the paragraph above: If you need someone to physically see more you need to separate or he needs a new job. There is no other way. Even on the 9.5 list (if it's honored) and calling in on weekends he's still looking at more than 50 hours per week. It's tiring, dirty and hot (or cold depending on the climate). It's a manual labor job that results in exhaustion sometimes.

UPS does not care about him, you, or your family. People put up with it because they get paid well and have awesome benefits. I know most drivers that get divorced had a wife that sounded like you. The ones that are married long term understand the job and appreciate what it gets them. You either have to adjust your thoughts/feelings or have him get a new job and adjust your finances.
Couldn’t agree more. My Wife was a UPS widow especially during peak. She had a great job of her own and was able to retire before I did because of UPS. She became a substitute teacher and could work when she wanted too. We simply kept our eyes on the prize and took full advantage of our time off. Admittedly, when I first started at UPS, I was young and had no family, so it didn’t matter as much. But it is very true, management does not care. At all.

AKCoverMan

To the OP (if she is still listening)

With planning, both time wise and finance wise it can be great for your family… yes there will be lots of late nights and things Dad will miss but make use of the weeks of vacation to live life well before you retire. And use the great pay to provide well for yourselves and your kids.

Or decide early it’s not the right path for you two as a couple and move on before he’s five years in and Hooked on the paycheck.