Brexit "your thoughts" Is your 401 k safe?

How far will the stock market drop?

• 5%

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 10%

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • More than 10%

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Nothing to worry about,will recover soon

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Ms.PacMan

Thanks for your advice but I prefer to listen to the pros. My financial adviser (Edward Jones) told me to hold on to my shares and to use their money (dividends) to buy more.
Beware. That's exactly what my former preloader's Edward Jones guy told him and he bought Apple stock. Now that I read that you were told the same thing I'm wondering if it's a spiel and they get a nice commission for pushing Apple stock.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The Futures market for monday spell disaster for the American Stock markets.

The dow futures show a 4% drop, over 700 points at the opening, the Nasdaq also show a 4% drop over 200 points at the opening and the S&P will drop almost 100 points at the opening.

This vote could send our markets into a tail spin and start a recession in this country, as companies lay off employees to try and make up the millions they will ultimately lose because of the UK vote.

When it happens, DRUMPF will take the blame, since he wanted to take the credit.

Stay tuned.

This is going to be an ugly week and there is no sign of a bottom anytime soon.

Premarket Stock Trading - CNNMoney

TOS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Beware. That's exactly what my former preloader's Edward Jones guy told him and he bought Apple stock. Now that I read that you were told the same thing I'm wondering if it's a spiel and they get a nice commission for pushing Apple stock.

You may have misread what I wrote.

I had the bulk of my stock long before I started w/EJ. He advised me to hold on to it and to buy additional shares using their money.

By The Book

The dow futures show a 4% drop, over 700 points at the opening, the Nasdaq also show a 4% drop over 200 points at the opening and the S&P will drop almost 100 points at the opening.

This vote could send our markets into a tail spin and start a recession in this country, as companies lay off employees to try and make up the millions they will ultimately lose because of the UK vote.

When it happens, DRUMPF will take the blame, since he wanted to take the credit.

Stay tuned.

TOS.
I looked at that CNNMoney page and I think the drops you're referencing are for Friday's stock market. If you look at where the Dow and s and p closed on top, and took those losses on the left they don't add up?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I looked at that CNNMoney page and I think the drops you're referencing are for Friday's stock market. If you look at where the Dow and s and p closed on top, and took those losses on the left they don't add up?

Those are the futures indexes.

A prediction of things to come before the opening bell.

Premarket trades can predict the volatility of the market long before it opens.

Tomorrow and this week will be a bad week on wall street. Stay tuned.

TOS.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The Impact of Brexit: What it Means for You - Ric Edelman

You might recall my analogy of the driver approaching an intersection with 4-way stop signs. With traffic coming from all directions, cyclists on the road, pedestrians in the crosswalk and kids tossing a ball near the corner, the best thing for the driver to do is…nothing. Sit tight, wait for the confusion to calm down, and soon enough you’ll be able to proceed safely through the intersection, with no adverse impact other than perhaps a slight delay before continuing on toward your destination.

The British vote brings us to such an intersection. There is no question that the vote’s biggest impact will be on the British themselves and, secondarily, on the rest of the EU. It is too early to say what the impact will be on the United States (quite frankly, it’s arguable that the impact will be favorable; mortgage rates have dropped as a result of the vote, creating a new – and possibly temporary – refinance opportunity). So until clarity emerges, it’s best not to do anything rash.

Stay tuned.

TOS.
I wish that were true... Just a tad down as of now.

By The Book

The Impact of Brexit: What it Means for You - Ric Edelman

You might recall my analogy of the driver approaching an intersection with 4-way stop signs. With traffic coming from all directions, cyclists on the road, pedestrians in the crosswalk and kids tossing a ball near the corner, the best thing for the driver to do is…nothing. Sit tight, wait for the confusion to calm down, and soon enough you’ll be able to proceed safely through the intersection, with no adverse impact other than perhaps a slight delay before continuing on toward your destination.

The British vote brings us to such an intersection. There is no question that the vote’s biggest impact will be on the British themselves and, secondarily, on the rest of the EU. It is too early to say what the impact will be on the United States (quite frankly, it’s arguable that the impact will be favorable; mortgage rates have dropped as a result of the vote, creating a new – and possibly temporary – refinance opportunity). So until clarity emerges, it’s best not to do anything rash.
So.........your agreeing with @UpstateNYUPSer

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
So.........your agreeing with @UpstateNYUPSer
I don't know enough to agree or disagree with anyone about anything. All I know is that I was listening to Ric Edelman's talk show yesterday and his explanation made sense for me since I'm a long term investor, not a trader.

What the Brexit means for your retirement - Yahoo

“This is a classic knee-jerk reaction from Wall Street traders,” Edelman tells Yahoo Finance about the Brexit selloff in stocks. “Our clients are focused on their long-term goals. There will be no sustained impact five years from now. They can ignore it, or if anything, capitalize.”

Edelman Financial Services manages $16 billion for more than 30,000 clients.