Bringing Letter to FD in rain... storm door Locked

over9five

Staff member
Let me guess, you voted from Trump? Shocked how many UPS drivers have zero empathy.
Cat.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I've left 60 inch TVs outside in the pouring rain. I didn't tell you to own a house with no overhang. I didn't tell you to spend $4000.00 on a TV and then the day of delivery not be home. Not my problem. There is zero chance I'm taking that thing for a ride all day, bringing it back to the center. And then tripping all over it again the following day. Not my problem. My center manager would freak if I did that.
If I can fit the package in a DR bag, I'll use one every time. If I can't, oh well.
Not funny if the make you buy it

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'll DR a tv in the ghetto every goddam day...do you know why? Well I'll tell you why...if you're dumb enough to order a television online that has a 99.2% chance of being broken when it comes then you deserve to have it snagged off your porch...you think I care!? I'm a goddam cowboy!

wayfair

swollen member
I'll DR a tv in the ghetto every goddam day...do you know why? Well I'll tell you why...if you're dumb enough to order a television online that has a 99.2% chance of being broken when it comes then you deserve to have it snagged off your porch...you think I care!? I'm a goddam cowboy!

Hope you got deep pockets to pay for these ghetto deliveries!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Has anyone actually ever had to pay for something that was stolen

They used to make you pay. I bought a couple of things in my early days -- thankfully they weren't too expensive. One was a 20 dollar Fingerhut clock radio and the other one was some trinket that cost 10 bucks or so. Back in the days of making up release numbers.:rolleyes:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Has anyone actually ever had to pay for something that was stolen

We have a driver who is in the process of paying for a $1,200 tool box so, yeah, they can make you pay for a bad DR.

$25/week is the minimum that they will accept and it comes right out of your check.

What constitutes a "bad" dr? Out of sight out of weather and I'm not paying for anything. Misdelivered is another thing, that I can see paying for.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What constitutes a "bad" dr? Out of sight out of weather and I'm not paying for anything. Misdelivered is another thing, that I can see paying for.

This particular stop was on the former AFB. The package was not left out of sight/out of weather, most likely due to it's size. These homes do have a separate "room" that most people use as a shed or to store their trash cans. These make an ideal DR location; however, you need to be careful as I can recall when I first started leaving a package in there only to have the trash guys haul it away thinking it was part of the trash.

I have only had to pay for one bad DR in my career. I DR'd a pair of basketball shoes in a college apartment house. Kid claimed he never got them. I paid $25/week for 6 weeks.

Access Points should greatly reduce or even eliminate residential DR claims. I was on vacay last week but have noticed that they have increased the number of my residential stops that are "potential AP eligible" since I came back.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

until you pay for your first one. from the master...........

ARTICLE 10. LOSS AND DAMAGE
Section 1.
No employee shall make any reimbursement or have monies
deducted from his/her pay for loss or damage to parcels except as
provided in this Section.
No employee shall be disciplined or required to make reimbursement
for lost or damaged parcels unless the Employer demonstrates
that the employee, without justification or mitigation, violated
pertinent established rules or policies, the observance of which
would have prevented the loss or damage
. In no event shall a driver
be subject to reimbursement for loss or damage to a Driver Release
parcel valued at one hundred dollars ($100.00) or less.
The
Employer will provide each driver a current list of all Driver
Release Areas and all Non Driver Release Areas within that driver’s
area upon request.
An employee who is charged for loss or damage by the Employer
shall not be subject to both discipline and reimbursement. The
Employer will clearly notify the employee and the Union of its
intent to either discipline or seek reimbursement. No employee shall
be subject to discipline or reimbursement unless the Employer
brings the loss or damage to the employee’s attention within fifteen
(15) business days after receiving a written shipper notice of claim.
When an employee is subject to discipline, the employee shall not make any reimbursement for such loss or damage. When an
employee is subject to reimbursement, the employee shall not be
subject to discipline for such loss or damage.
Any employee who is found to be responsible for two (2) reimbursements
in a twelve (12) month period may receive a warning
letter in addition to being responsible for reimbursement should a
third (3rd) loss occur in the same twelve (12) month period.
No action shall be taken by the Employer under this Section until
the grievance procedure is invoked and concluded. In such grievance
hearings the Employer shall present its case first.
If an employee is held liable for reimbursement for loss or damage
under Article 10, Section 1 in regard to any package, he/she will be
held liable for the value of the package, the amount paid by the
Employer to the customer, or the insured value of the package,
whichever is least.

Reimbursement schedules shall be reasonable and fair, based upon
the circumstances of each case.
This Article is not to be construed as permitting charges for loss or
damage to equipment. Nor is this Article to be construed as permitting
charges for any loss or damage to merchandise as a result of a
vehicular accident under any circumstances.

a911scanner

Not to completely go off topic or stir the pot, but...

There are a few states with laws about not forcing an employee to refund the company in these circumstances.